Grog

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For those from anywhere near the Chicago area, the Chain of Lakes drinking while boating situation is legend, as are the accidents, injuries and deaths. Nighttime boating is moving from one waterfront bar to the next.

Of course all of this may have changed in the 10 years since I have been up there.

Marty

Of course total responsibility means the operator has at least a captains license and a refresher course every year, about $200,000 worth of safety equipment, only uses a professional crew....etc...etc...please...

If you're referring to my post, I did write: " ...at least morally if not legally..." You know, it's that personal responsibility thing.

Even so, in case of an accident and the inevitable lawsuit, I'm not going to count on a defense of, "Hey, I have limited responsibility for my actions because I'm not a licensed Captain." Somehow, I just don't see that carrying the day.

Grog itself is a mixture of rum ,water with some sugar and lemon juice. One third rum to two thirds water.

During the eighteenth & nineteen century the Royal Navy issued every sailor half a pint of rum mixed with water every day, even young midshipmen were entitled to this allowance and they managed not to bump into too many things, at least not accidentally.

Angus99, thanks for posting the link to the BoatUS report, enabling an accurate first hand understanding of findings which speak for themselves.

Back
Top Bottom