Great trip across the straight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nautibeaver

Vessel Name
NautiBeaver
Vessel Make
Nordlund 68'
Everett to Victoria BC. IMG_5989.jpgIMG_5992.jpgIMG_6002.jpg
IMG_6008.jpg

Lots of porpoises, a grey whale. And besides the wake of the US navel Destroyer, a great day. Those things put out a very large wake when at full speed. A surfers dream wake, not a boaters. However when that is the worse waves, I’ll take it.

Nordlunds are sure a well designed and nicely built boat. Are you headed North this summer Nauti?

Nordlunds are sure a well designed and nicely built boat. Are you headed North this summer Nauti?

I am, heading up in June when my son gets out of school. Pretty pleased with the Nordlund, got to meet Gary Nordlund while I was moored in gig harbor last summer with family. Been a great boat for us. Plus love the Luggers, good economy (for a 100k lbs SD boat) and power when in need.

I am, heading up in June when my son gets out of school. Pretty pleased with the Nordlund, got to meet Gary Nordlund while I was moored in gig harbor last summer with family. Been a great boat for us. Plus love the Luggers, good economy (for a 100k lbs SD boat) and power when in need.

Thanks. Keep an eye out for Sunchaser.

Wow, very calm waters for this time of year. Keep posting pics along the way!

Here was something in my short (6 years) boating life, I have not experienced.

We were woke up last night to this scratching noise. Like penny (our dog) running scared in the outside walkway on the port side. It was odd and confusing. Our oldest daughter woke us up at 2am and said she saw an animal looking at her from the window in the vberth, the window opens to the walkway around the bow. Our dog was still asleep and never wavered. We found out what it was this morning.

Which was a first, remember this was in Victoria Harbor docked at warf st. It stayed on the cockpit even with our standard poodle 3ft away (behind glass) starring at it. It can all the up to the window first and viewed in.

This is why we boat.... pic to follow

Attachments

• IMG_6016.jpg
    IMG_6016.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 119
Will be heading to Roche tomorrow and Friday Harbor on .....well....Friday.....

Yeah, the otters can be a pain as they can make a huge mess of your boat in a hurry. On the other hand, they can be fun to watch.

Maybe some winds on the way for Saturday. We would like to come to the islands from Sequim on Saturday, but we have had enough seas up to the pilothouse windows lately. We will keep an eye on Windy (thanks Paradice).

Enjoy your time there and thanks for sharing.

Off to Roche this morning. Leaving Victoria was great! Major fog shortly after, but like glass. Big storm coming tonight/tomorrow. Will head to home port after customs. Running fog horns and going 7knots. Dodging a few fishing boats with low radar echo

Attachments

• IMG_6035.jpg
    IMG_6035.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 77
Maybe some winds on the way for Saturday. We would like to come to the islands from Sequim on Saturday, but we have had enough seas up to the pilothouse windows lately. We will keep an eye on Windy (thanks Paradice).

Enjoy your time there and thanks for sharing.

Windy is our primary weather info, we use other local weather info as well, but usally only to verify the info on Windy. Only one time they all got it wrong and what a long day that was, (crossing Dixon).
We’re gonna miss the Northern trip this year, but looking forward to a great trip up the Columbia and Snake.
Cheers Jeff, hope you enjoy the new boat this year, she’s a beauty.

What a day/trip. Weather was awesome and flat.

Attachments

• IMG_6052.jpg
    IMG_6052.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_6048.jpg
    IMG_6048.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_6042.jpg
    IMG_6042.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_6037.jpg
    IMG_6037.jpg