Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-08-2019, 10:03 AM   #1
Guru
 
CaptTom's Avatar
 
City: Southern Maine
Country: USA
Vessel Model: Prairie 36 Coastal Cruiser
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,835
Great Loop GPX Files?

I can find tons of information on the Great Loop, but was wondering if anyone had, or had seen posted, .gpx files of routes?

With winter coming on, some preliminary planning for a loop trip is on the agenda. Sure, part of the fun is examining every leg of the journey vicariously, and plotting out the route one waypoint at a time.

But I imagine someone has already done this, and thought maybe they'd have shared the .gpx files on line somewhere. But I haven't found any.
__________________
Advertisement

CaptTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 03:01 PM   #2
Guru
 
catalinajack's Avatar
 
City: Edgewater, MD
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Catalina Jack
Vessel Model: Defever 44
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 965
Join the AGLCA (America's Great Loop Cruisers Assoc.) and ask this question. You will find more folks there with the specific knowledge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptTom View Post
I can find tons of information on the Great Loop, but was wondering if anyone had, or had seen posted, .gpx files of routes?

With winter coming on, some preliminary planning for a loop trip is on the agenda. Sure, part of the fun is examining every leg of the journey vicariously, and plotting out the route one waypoint at a time.

But I imagine someone has already done this, and thought maybe they'd have shared the .gpx files on line somewhere. But I haven't found any.
__________________

catalinajack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 04:12 PM   #3
Guru
 
CaptTom's Avatar
 
City: Southern Maine
Country: USA
Vessel Model: Prairie 36 Coastal Cruiser
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by catalinajack View Post
Join the AGLCA (America's Great Loop Cruisers Assoc.) and ask this question. You will find more folks there with the specific knowledge.
Thanks, I may do that... IF I ever decide to actually do the loop. Meanwhile I wasn't really planning to pay for membership if I'm just dreaming.
CaptTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 05:07 PM   #4
Guru
 
psneeld's Avatar
 
City: AICW
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Freedom
Vessel Model: Albin 40
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 20,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptTom View Post
Thanks, I may do that... IF I ever decide to actually do the loop. Meanwhile I wasn't really planning to pay for membership if I'm just dreaming.

Even if you don't do the loop...it may be worth joining.


I got one year free membership and I valued it enough to keep renewing.


It's the cost of a decent dinner....even if you get just a contact for a decent marina or mechanic...worth that years membership.


Like TF..... you can get answers fast which again is worth it's weight in gold when you need it.
psneeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2006 - 2012
×