For Great Lake Boaters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GFC

Guru
Several years ago before we got the boat we now own I had planned on spending a summer cruising the Great Lakes. With that thought in mind I put together an Excel spreadsheet that shows distances between ports on the lakes.

I did it using Google Earth, and the mileages I came up with might not exactly equal what your GPS shows because I included about a mile to go offshore when leaving a port and another mile coming back into your destination.

The cost? Free. Just send an email to me at gofirstclass@hotmail.com. I will reply to your email and attach the spreadsheet to it.

I had a lot of fun putting this thing together and I hope you have as much fun using it as I did assembling it.

Mike

Greetings,
Mr. Gm. Only covers US ports unfortunately. Lots of "stuff" to see on the north side of the lakes.

Mike, is the Trent Severn Waterway included or just the big lakes? North Channel?

Mike, is the Trent Severn Waterway included or just the big lakes? North Channel?
FYI There is a TSW website that has an interactive cruise planning tool. You can enter lock #s & cruising speed and it returns run hrs to make that leg.
Are you cruising TSW in 2019?

FYI There is a TSW website that has an interactive cruise planning tool. You can enter lock #s & cruising speed and it returns run hrs to make that leg.
Are you cruising TSW in 2019?

I live at Lock 32 and travel it regularly. Just looking for handouts for others, thanks for the info.

Thanks BandB. I've used that, but more for playing around and "dream cruising" than to actually do any cruise planning.

Thanks BandB. I've used that, but more for playing around and "dream cruising" than to actually do any cruise planning.

speaking of cruise planning...how you getting that boat from the Columbia up there?:D:D

Back
Top Bottom