Great Harbour N37 Young America at our dock yesterday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And to add.... Not much more info on the TT35 build. Wonder why that is? Doubt it's because there are no pics of the progress.....

Ken Fickett the owner of Mirage (the builder) said they have a total of nine TT35s contracted and in the pipeline. They will likely build no more than twelve this first year and then continue to increase production. The ability to trailer the boat with a standard pickup truck is being very well received!

That's good to hear. We like the GH boats very much and may find the right one in a few years when we are ready to purchase.

Ken Fickett the owner of Mirage (the builder) said they have a total of nine TT35s contracted and in the pipeline. They will likely build no more than twelve this first year and then continue to increase production. The ability to trailer the boat with a standard pickup truck is being very well received!

How many have they actually delivered?

I don't know what 'standard pickup truck' means? Is GH saying that this boat can be towed behind a typical 1/2 ton pickup truck? If so, they are playing the same game as many RV dealers in overstating what a typical 1/2 ton truck can tow/carry in payload.

Lets look at the TT35 numbers:
- 6500# displacement (could, but likely doesn't included the 2 twin outboards)
- 336# for a pair of twin Suzuki 60 hp outboards
- 800# for loaded 135 fuel tank
- 417# for loaded water tank (presuming 50 gallons)
-1000# for added stuff (anchor, chain, personal stuff)
-1200# for a trailer

Equals about 10,253 lbs. total towing weight. Assuming 7% tongue weight, the payload weight becomes 718 lbs.

While it might, technically, be possible to haul this with SOME 1/2 trucks, no way that I would do it with less than a 3/4 pickup truck.

Jim

I don't know what 'standard pickup truck' means? Is GH saying that this boat can be towed behind a typical 1/2 ton pickup truck? If so, they are playing the same game as many RV dealers in overstating what a typical 1/2 ton truck can tow/carry in payload.

Lets look at the TT35 numbers:
- 6500# displacement (could, but likely doesn't included the 2 twin outboards)
- 336# for a pair of twin Suzuki 60 hp outboards
- 800# for loaded 135 fuel tank
- 417# for loaded water tank (presuming 50 gallons)
-1000# for added stuff (anchor, chain, personal stuff)
-1200# for a trailer

Equals about 10,253 lbs. total towing weight. Assuming 7% tongue weight, the payload weight becomes 718 lbs.

While it might, technically, be possible to haul this with SOME 1/2 trucks, no way that I would do it with less than a 3/4 pickup truck.

Jim

Wow, for a second I thought I was reading a post on a trailer forum!
When it comes to towing trailers, somehow all of the math becomes "fuzzy"...
This subject gets debated endlessly on trailer forums.
We (I) have chosen to take the "as defined by the truck manufacturer" route when towing our little Bambi. It is not the weight of the trailer for us but rather the tongue weight and the rest of the "stuff" we haul.
Our previous F-150 was way over GVWR.
Fixed that with a 2500 Ram. The difference when towing is amazing.
Bruce

There is no doubt that a 3/4 ton truck or 1 ton would be better unless you were just moving the TT35 infrequently and a limited number of miles. Still nice a 1/2 ton might be an option in a pinch..

In talking with Ken Fickett a few weeks ago, at the Great Harbour Trawlers Association meeting, there are three hulls in the yard being worked on, with the focus now on the internal tooling molds. Hull #1 has been launched with a half-ton pickup at a boat ramp and the initial testing has been completed for load placements.

In talking with Ken Fickett a few weeks ago, at the Great Harbour Trawlers Association meeting, there are three hulls in the yard being worked on, with the focus now on the internal tooling molds. Hull #1 has been launched with a half-ton pickup at a boat ramp and the initial testing has been completed for load placements.

So, still waiting on the first delivery to Miz Trom.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom