Great evening on the water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Off Duty

Guru
Not on a trawler, but still a great evening.

My birthday was the other day, but my wife, and a good friend of mine and his wife, planned something for tonight. I knew we were meeting them for dinner, but the rest was a total surprise.

We headed out but she wouldn't tell me where we were meeting them.

As we turned into the boat ramp, I saw Mikes rig sans the boat, and knew something was up.;)

When my wife asked he and his wife to join us for dinner, Mike suggested that he launch his 23' Proline (doesn't really take much convincing to get him in the water:rofl:) and make an evening of it on the water.

We took a nice leisurely run down the river to Jackson's, where we had a great dinner and shared some good times.

From there, we headed out toward the mouth of the bay, but were stalled by the CG securing a zone around a tanker while it docked. They were pleasant and assured us it would only be a few minutes, but the wind started kicking up, so we bid them farewell with a thank you, and headed back up river.

A smooth ride inside, nice moonlight, good tunes and great friends.
Hell, I even got some more wheel time which made it even better!:dance:
All in all, a great evening! Couldn't have asked for a better birthday celebration.

Just thought I'd share.

Just got home, and I'm going to crash.

G'night all.

OD

Happy Birthday OD! Sounds like you had a good one.

It's times and memories like the one you shared that makes boating special, it doesn't matter the type or size of the boat just the time spent aboard with family and friends. Thanks for sharing.

John T.

It's times and memories like the one you shared that makes boating special, it doesn't matter the type or size of the boat just the time spent aboard with family and friends. Thanks for sharing.

John T.

Yes sir, you are correct.:thumb:
I know I won't forget it.:D

Thanks everyone, and have a good evening.

OD

Not much better than being on the water with friends. Celebrating your birthday makes it that much more special. Happy Birthday!

29 again?

Great way to spend a birthday! Happy Birthday, OD!

Not much better than being on the water with friends. Celebrating your birthday makes it that much more special. Happy Birthday!

29 again?

:rofl:Absolutely....forever!!

Actually, that number's so far astern, I can't even follow the wake:eek:
While there's a lot I'd do differently, I don't think I'd give up any of the experiences, or the memories. :thumb:

Great way to spend a birthday! Happy Birthday, OD!

Thanks FW

:rofl:Absolutely....forever!!

Actually, that number's so far astern, I can't even follow the wake:eek:
While there's a lot I'd do differently, I don't think I'd give up any of the experiences, or the memories. :thumb:

Good for you!!, those memories are precious as we get on in years
A belated happy Birthday

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom