Good opportunity for someone!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OldDan: Ill go with you....unless you're looking for a young, blonde companion instead!

Understand the settlement was confidential and I cannot go into detail beyond what the broker said.

Apologize for asking for something that might be construed as confidential. Had no idea boat damage settlements fell into that realm.

Apologize for asking for something that might be construed as confidential. Had no idea boat damage settlements fell into that realm.

The vast majority of negotiated settlements are made so, even in cases it would appear unnecessary. Insurers and others do not want the next persons to know what they paid the previous and for what. Often people end up getting court orders to open up the history if they end up in litigation.

Again I went back and studied the pictures, the forward cedar lined closet is there. I looks like they opted out on the washer/dryer. There is mention of the fuel transfer pump and polishing filter.

This would be one heck of a fine project to take on, but I'm beyond the project years. But, I'd love it, and the sense of accomplishment after the project would be priceless.

Great Boat

This would be one heck of a fine project to take on, but I'm beyond the project years. But, I'd love it, and the sense of accomplishment after the project would be priceless.

Great Boat

You could farm out the windows and wood work to a good shipwright who is very proud of his work and can show you his work. Might take a year to complete but then, you could set off on a fantastic voyage.

With a good water maker, put the washer/dryer back in and no need for 'navy showers'. There are/were 5 water tanks. The N46, I am familiar with, WINK WINK. I didn't know about the valving for tank #5 for about a month. LOL

Indeed a great hull and design. Perhaps a great opportunity. I looked long and hard at that boat when it was for sale on the hard in Fort Lauderdale where the accident occurred. After the hull was repaired and the new genny installed. All the work done appeared to be done right. My offer wasn’t accepted so we never got to survey.

Indeed a great hull and design. Perhaps a great opportunity. I looked long and hard at that boat when it was for sale on the hard in Fort Lauderdale where the accident occurred. After the hull was repaired and the new genny installed. All the work done appeared to be done right. My offer wasn’t accepted so we never got to survey.

May I ask your offer?
I am not about to make an offer on my ex-boat, just curious

I see these a lot. It's the 'Free Boat' syndrome and it applies from 16 ft bow riders all the way up to old, past retirement yachts.

Even if the boat is free, it frequently (not always) takes more money to get the boat right than the boat is ultimately worth.

In this case there are at least 2 other boats for sale of the same make/model/year

This boat: $185,000

Melbourne, Fla: $294,000
Oxnard, CA: $329,000

We can take a conservative estimate and say the market is at $310,000 (I suspect $285,000 is probably more accurate).

Unless you can buy the boat for $185,000 and do everything you need to get it 'right' for under $100K, you'll be upside. My guess is this boat needs more than $100K.

Free/Cheap boats are neither Free nor Cheap.

They were asking?

I think you mean what was the asking price a couple years ago when the last owner was offering for sale when I offered 150k. If memory serves it was at 200k. At that point it was still on the hard in F. L. and needed a fair bit of work just to make ready to splash. At that point I thought I could do almost anything for 50 boat units! Now I know better:facepalm:!

If you are going to remove the windows, reseat them, replacing all the interior wood, IMO +- 100K to do it right.

Back
Top Bottom