Good News for KVH and DirecTY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Alaskan Sea-Duction
Vessel Make
1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
So I have been working with KVH on an issue with my antenna. I was concerned when AT&T launched its last DirecTV satellite last November. AT&T has made it publicly known that they will NOT be replacing satellites. With a 6-8 years life, DirecTV will eventually die. I was also concerned with SD and HD. I have SD. There was discussion here about SD going away once Direc starts moving programming to a different satellite as sat 101 was falling out of the sky.

I am buying a KVH receiver to replace my old house DVR, which could be causing some of my issues. I received this response from KVH

SatTV Support <support@kvh.com>
To:
thomas.teseniar@yahoo.com

Jul 26 at 1:19 PM

Hi Thomas,
You have some conflicting info there, but i will try & spell it out for you...

The M7 CANNOT work with DISH NETWORK as they switched to DIGITAL signal ( 8PSK) back in 2016...that's not an option...
You can use either H24 or HR24 ( the DVR) version & your antenna will work now & when they cut over to MPEG-4 ( HD)...

Hope this helps!
-Mark Trepanier

--------------- Original Message ---------------
Sent: 7/26/2019 4:13 PM
To: support@kvh.com
Subject: Correct Receiver

Good Afternoon,
I have a 2008 TracVision M7. Serial Number 081001406.
We are currently subscribed to DirecTV.
We bought the system a few years ago used and was wondering if I can connect it to a house receiver (Land), model MFR-100 which is a DVR?
If not what would be the correct KVH receiver?
I also understand that Direct will be removing SD programming and is switching to only HD. I am told that SD will still work with Dish. If we switch to Dish what would be the correct receiver?
Last question: Who is your BEST technician in the Seattle WA area?
Thank you
Tom Teseniar

Mark Trepanier
Senior Tech Support Technician
KVH Industries, Inc.
50 Enterprise Ctr., Middletown, RI 02842

Back
Top Bottom