Old 05-09-2017, 05:00 PM   #1

City: Boise, ID
Cruising Families

Is there a place where cruising families gather online? We have a lot of questions and would like to get in touch with other families that are currently cruising or who have had recent experience cruising. We have a plan to be ready to cruise in five years with our two boys 10 and 15 years old. Are there blogs you are aware of or maybe there is a thread I can't find on this site?
Every time I start searching for a thread, I get side tracked by something interesting and learn more but don't reach my goal of finding anything out about families cruising .
dolbycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 06:04 PM   #2
Guru

City: Hotel, CA
cruisersforum.com the sister site to Trawler Forum is probably where you need to be if you're talking full time cruising with little ones.

noonsite.com is another one. Both of which have a far more international vibe than here.

By all means ask away here but am afraid (get ready for a broad generalization) most of us here are beyond that stage of life.

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they've been fooled - Mark Twain
CPseudonym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 08:10 PM   #3
TF Site Team

City: California Delta
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: 1977 Marshall Californian 34 LRC
I'm certainly beyond that stage of life with my own kids but I'm looking forward to a week on the water with my soon-to-be 13 yr old nephew, Max. Sometimes life deals you curves that puts you right back into a zone you thought you left long ago.

Max's Dad just arrived in Afghanistan 10 days ago and we'll be in MD in Aug-Sep to help with his 7 yr old sister while they're still on summer break. Max flies out to our place on the day after his 13th BD for a week on the water. Then we fly with Max back to MD for 3 weeks.

Over the past 5 years, Max has joined us aboard FlyWright for 4 San Francisco Fleet Weeks and one San Pablo Bay fishing trip. Max's happy place is aboard FlyWright so we're going to make the most of it. He has an engineer's brain...always wanting to know how something works. This kid loves to fish and operate motors and boats, so he'll be in charge of the dinghy (Honda 2HP) and the Honda eu2000i generator.

Kids today expect some level of screen time, so we're planning to incorporate that into our daily routine. It helps to have a WIFI extender and, I suppose, a short dinghy ride to the local ice cream vendor.

I'll be watching for sage advice from experienced trawlermen.

@DeltaBridges - 25 Delta Bridges in 25 Days
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote