Good Marina Management

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

THD

Guru
The first shot is of a sailboat that has been down the dock from us for some time. It is a pretty nice looking boat and seems to be in good shape. This morning, walking down the dock, I saw the notice in the second shot about the boat. I am pretty sure that the notice is primarily for marine employees who patrol the docks, but it is pretty cool that it is right there for all to see so anyone can notice if anything is amiss. Shilshole in Seattle is a pretty well run marina. The notice, if you can't read it, essentially says that the boat is being kept dewatered with two pumps, one apparently directly plugged into the dock outlet. It reminds to check the attitude of the boat.

Attachments

• Sailboat.JPG
    Sailboat.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 124
  • Notice.jpg
    Notice.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
I can't read the sign but a couple of things come to mind. Why is the owner allowed to have the boat at risk? I would think most marina's would enforce a policy of mechanically sound boats only. Perhaps the sign reduces or eliminates marina liability.
I think most marinas instruct their employees to be observant. However on the surface it looks like this marina is doing the right thing. I wonder if the owner is aware of the sign and thus the condition of the boat, and more importantly why is he not doing anything about it.

I would wonder at notification to all around that the boat is unoccupied. Betcha she's got electronics too...

Looks like an "invite" for thieves that go bump in the night.

Tim-yes the owner is aware. Apparently a small leak that is under control. I asked and the notice is for the marina employees just to make sure they watch just in case. The owner is awaiting a scheduled lift to do the repair. As to security, Shilshole is a pretty secure marina as marinas go, patrolled 24 hours. And, there are three liveaboards within a slip or two of this boat.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom