A good deckhand indeed!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmm. Nice stocking stuffer!

Had ours for a year now, great product and it works just like they say. One of the best purchases we have made, since one of our favourite spots is on a mooring buoy at Montague Harbour.....:)

Watched a number of times. Perhaps it's my vision or maybe my brain, but I still can't figure out how it works.

Watched a number of times. Perhaps it's my vision or maybe my brain, but I still can't figure out how it works.

Moi aussi.

Whew, thought it was just me. Thanks.

That thing is cool...and well built. Dswizzler and Giggitoni both have one and I got a chance to try it out. very stout and simple to use. When I have an extra $200 laying around, I might spend it on this...or that anchor retriever...or...

I bought a similar unit, at the Sydney boat show off this snake oil salesman.

It was an expensive waste of time, money and a danger to my otherwise genial disposition, apart from that it was a great product!

To be fair though, the one in video looks a far more robust model. Mine was all brightly coloured plastic, with flimsy nylon locking attachments.The head promptly fell off in 40 feet of water and despite assurances from the said snake oil salesman,that it floated, it promptly dived to the bottom with a speed that would have pleased the captain of a submarine in a crash dive.

I now have a $125 stick that I can attach a broom head to to clean the boat!

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 108
And a very nice looking, high quality broom head and matching stick it is.

To be fair the "Robship Hook & Moor" is a very pleasant surprise in its construction. Just wish everything I bought was built as well as it is.

I bought a similar unit, at the Sydney boat show...an expensive waste of time, money...
I now have a $125 stick that I can attach a broom head to to clean the boat!
On the credit side, the deck is immaculately tidy.

I've had one for a year and have found it works as advertised and to be very well built, one of the few things that's worth the $$$.

Wifey B: "Try it, you'll like it."

Actually you really will. We love ours. They work as described.

But the reviews at Jamestown Dist. were mixed at best. Hmmm...

At best. But not really very good and that surprised me. Only one person really gave a good review. But we've liked ours and others we've talked to have. Now I must admit we've used ours more as a hook than to feed line. However, when mooring we did find it extremely helpful. Seems that several of the reviewers had a difficult time getting it unlocked.

Sorry guys, just learn to dock your boat! (Merry Christmas!)

Looks good for snagging a mooring, but for day-to-day docking, having low, walk-around decks allowing easy access is great.

img_292842_0_7c4e64e8f750d1b6f82e53fb8bf83bb1.jpg

I use when singlehanding, put a dock line on a stern cleat, use the hook to run the line thru a dock cleat and tie it off on the stern cleat. Put the out side engine in gear to bring the boat in against the dock and tie off the mid cleat. Works better than trying to lasso the dock cleat.

I can see that this device could work well for us. We have high decks (compared to the docks we use) and the swim step is not really a safe place at this time to deploy the Admiral. With this device she could easily lasso the deck cleat with a line tied to a stern cleat. Then do as River Cruser says above.

Back
Top Bottom