Old 11-08-2010, 08:16 AM   #1

City: Rochester, NY
Vessel Model: Albin 43 Trawler
good buy?

if i didnt have my albin43 id be on the next plane down to check this project out.... still priced way too*high at 55k

albin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:46 AM   #2
Scraping Paint

City: -
RE: good buy?

Quote:
albin43 wrote:

if i didnt have my albin43 id be on the next plane down to check this project out.... still priced way too*high at 55k
Don't know where you're getting this "priced too high" bit.* Unless the boat is actually a wreck, this is damn near free for a fiberglass GB42 in the condition the ad says it's in.* A similar boat in our marina recently sold for over 100K.

Marin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:21 AM   #3

nada is $38 to $42k
obv people are paying more, why? i dont know. a friend sold his GB 42 for 112k with new everything, i mean everthing. year was around '80

http://www.nadaguides.com/default.as...0&gc=MR&gtc=MR
Old 11-08-2010, 03:45 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I called the broker on this one and he made it clear it need work, As to what I do not know but he did not sugar coat it.

We are on our way back to Texas after a week of looking at trawlers in Florida. Got as far as settling on a price to buy one. When they said it would be late in the week before we could hear it run, we ran!!

We have financing and insurance worked out but brokers have more than once been the reason why we decided not to persue a boat. Some dont pick up the phone. Others are to busy to show a boat. It will cost you 10 percent of the agreed price for someone to twist a key. I can understand why someone would not trust a broker to do such a task by themself after dealing with them for a week.

If you have a trawler for sale between North Florida and South Texas and it can be bought for NADA let us know.

If the spelling and gramer sucks forgive me we are driving down the road at night and I am typing on a tiny net book.
cd30ketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 10:27 PM   #5
TF Site Team

City: Ex-Brisbane, (Australia), now Bribie Island, Qld
Vessel Name: Now boatless - sold 6/2018
Vessel Model: Had a Clipper (CHB) 34

I hope you're not doing the driving.......?
Peter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 04:36 AM   #6

id say NADA is a good buying point. I agree they are "worth" more. a boats worth is different for every owner. if I have my heart set on a 42 gb and its in the right location at the right time and in good shape but the price is alitte high, sure im gonna pay (if you can afford it) but for a boat the obv needs alot of work your going to say "hey this is avg retail, yes people are asking xxx but this is what the blue book is" look at the link for pictures in the listing.

NADA has changed a huge amount in the last few years. A friend with a 33 bertrem sportfish 1980 boat has been boathouse kept for 25+ years its in mint shape low hrs blue booked for $78k 3 years ago. now the same boat is $28k... the same thing happened with trawlers and everything else