Going to other countries can be a shock.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Garr,

Woodside high for one year. 1972 I think. I came from San Jose. It was kind of a culture shock. Much more redneck in San Jose in those days. What year? What city?

Small World!

Redwood City/Atherton border (basically Stockbridge) WHS class of 75

Sledge "Old Breed" and Leckie "Helmet for My Pillow" for horrendous first person accounts of Peleliu. Iron men.

Yeah, I can't imaging driving in the large cities. The stoplights are more advanced, but the drivers certainly have a bizzare scheme for lane managment. I would just be a pedestrian waiting to cross in Shenyang, and cars would zip by BEHIND me. Very exciting.

Lived and driven in China for 30 years. Visited the states and was driving my sister in my typical "China Way". Looked over and she was bent over with her hands protecting her head.

Mayor said "no horns", so we just blink our lights as warning. It seem this means something different in the states, like "it OK to make your move". Almost ran over several people.

Many unlicensed and uninsured motorcycles on the road. Can't help hitting one occasionally as they don't follow, or even know, any rules. They demand big money, you offer small money. If the don't accept you pullout your phone and pretend to call the cops asking for their license and insurance. They take the money and run.

Back
Top Bottom