Getting out there...>

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Heron

Guru
Vessel Name
Heron (2)
Vessel Make
'88 Cape Dory 28 Flybridge #115
Last week in Goose Creek NC off the Pamlico. 3 days of fun cruising. Lotsa stars, lotsa bugs, not a soul for miles. We did meet some some interesting characters along the way though...We're starting to have some fun with this Trawler thing!

20150513_195303-vi.jpg

20150513_195517-vi.jpg

Last edited:
That's GREAT!...beautiful pics too! Thanks for sharing.

Ain't it fun being out there all by yourselves, free to do what you want when you want?

One of the great joys of being retired is being able to hit the water mid-week when most of the poor souls are slaving away at their job.

Ain't it fun being out there all by yourselves, free to do what you want when you want?

One of the great joys of being retired is being able to hit the water mid-week when most of the poor souls are slaving away at their job.

The wife and I were definitely relishing that...With the boat only 25 miles from the house and this anchorage only 8 miles from my slip it's doable most anytime...:)

We're feeling pretty lucky!

Really cool, and the boat looks great. Love the lines.:socool:

Did you stop in at Hobucken, and get some seafood off the boats?

Did you stop in at Hobucken, and get some seafood off the boats?

Ran by Hobucken on our delivery trip in December Don...Haven't been back (yet). Apparently best diesel prices in the area as well as the Seafood Benefit! Some serious fishing boats here!

IMG_0024-vi.jpg

Last edited:
I've got some great memories of that area. Friends had cottages at Pamlico Beach and Bath. We pulled a lot of fish out of the bomb holes in the firing range at Jones Bay. Oh, to be young again.

Back
Top Bottom