George Buehler, RIP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very sad. Never met him in person but have had many email chats over the years with him. Always made me laugh how strongly opinionated he was and never shy to voice them!

Yep, he had his opinions and he would tell you what he thought. :lol: I just was over on his website rereading what I have likely read dozens and dozens of time and was chuckling at some of the things he said. :thumb::)

Later,
Dan

It looks like George's wife is continuing to sell his plans now, prices as per the website, if anyone is interested in building.

A reminder to us all that there's more to life than working to support a frivolous lifestyle.
Get out and enjoy life while you can
No one gets out of this place alive.

I agree 100%

Retired from working full time in my early 40's to take summers off to boat more.

And downsized from our frivolous lifestyle.

Yeah I also quit early instead of chasing the last dollar. I had many fortuitous things happen in my life that allowed me to do that, but I’m still kind of proud of myself that I didn’t try to outdo everyone else. I got to my number, and I quit.

My (few) friends thought I was insane. [emoji41]

For anyone who hasn't read it there is a 36 page PDF taster on this site that I just had a read of.

THE TROLLER YACHT BOOK: How To Cross Oceans Without Getting Wet Or Going Broke - 2ND EDITION by George Buehler
Simi, I just read the PDF and though I'm not a "true trawler person" I thoroughly enjoyed the read. Anyone who is leaning towards a single engine boat should read this passage. I thought of Mark Pierce and Eric from Thorne Bay while I was enjoying this short story.

Thanks again, loved it!

Wow. Great read. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom