GB 36 spares

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chartwell

Vessel Name
Chartwell
Vessel Make
GB 36 Classic
Hi I have a GB 36 1992 kept in the UK which has a few defects which I am trying to rectify but struggling to find original parts.

I have an old GB parts catalogue (pre email) with stock numbers but not getting far.

Looking for wiper blades, paragon junior FW Pump pressure switch, Perko locksets for heads and cabins, overhead plate cabinet catches, main door hinges.

Any assistance/pointers greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Wiper blades can be very hard to pin down because you can just about guarantee that IF the wiper mechanism and arms are original, the style of attachment is no longer up to date. The arms can be changed to something more current. In the case of my current Mainship, I just altered the wiper connection point by removing the end on the arm (pantograph style) and having a J-hook style mounting end welded to that part which I then reattached to the end of the arms.

Lock sets for older boats can be a real challenge. I never did find the exact match for my 1972 Grand Banks. In the end, I punted and bought something close and with a little wood work all was well.

Good luck with your search.

You should be able to get the Paragon Jr. pressure switch from Groco. They still sell the pumps.

Most Perko stuff is still available. Go to my blog, grandbankschoices for wiper info. Just rebuilt mine as I did windows. Door hardware can be tough. Might explore rechroming or polishing out. The center windshield brackets are obsolete, but easily rechromed.

Inside door hardware is Perko and still available, but you gotta hunt for it.

Paragon Jr is a dependable albeit pricey pump. I just had mine rebuilt at Depco. Most of us replace the pressure switch with a regular well pump pressure switch from a big box store and carry a spare since they are so cheap.

"Most of us replace the pressure switch with a regular well pump pressure switch from a big box store and carry a spare since they are so cheap."

And they are easily adjustable if you prefer a different pressure from the factory setting.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom