Gallon counter for water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meridian

Guru
Vessel Name
Meridian
Vessel Make
Krogen-42
Anyone using one? I'm looking for one with a remote readout to keep a closer eye on usage.

Yes, we added a Watercounter to our boat in early 2008 and it was one of the best upgrades I ever made. Since we were living full time on our boat with weeks at a time on the hook or a mooring it made a huge difference in our water management; we knew how much various lengths of shower took, or cycles on the laundry and dishwasher. As a result I never did get around to installing a watermaker. The folks who produce the Watercounter are good folks too.

Someone on here uses a batching meter on their dock water hook up. They set it to deliver a certain amount, when it reaches that amount it shuts off flow to the system and then has to be reset. With this meter there is no danger of sinking your boat if the system springs a leak while your gone and didn't turn off the supply. It would also be a excellent way to track usage over time. Sorry I don't have a link but Google should find one.

Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

While not a true counter, this is the timer we use.

Nelson

It's one of the only ones I've found that appears well made and lasts along time.

Can you get something like this that talks NMEA 2000 so it can sync up with the Maretron system that I hope to install one day?

Richard

I'm not well versed in nmea 2000 sensor theory, but doubt this would work. They do make a fuel flow sensor for nmea 2000 so something might be doable. Showering while underway might give you gallons of water per mile though. :rolleyes:

Ted

CruzPro makes digital tank gauges, probably able to calibrate closely enough. Would be a simple change in our boat; out with the sweep needle gauge, in with the digital, calibrate, done.

Probably others make something similar...

-Chris

With the ample water capacity of a KK 42 would not sight tubes provide more than enough data?

Site tubes won't work for the kk42 water tanks. They're intragel into the hull under the midship floor forward of the engine room. They follow the hull shape with a max depth of about 16". Each tank (2) is about 150 gallons.

Site tubes won't work for the kk42 water tanks. They're intragel into the hull under the midship floor forward of the engine room. They follow the hull shape with a max depth of about 16". Each tank (2) is about 150 gallons.

So why wouldn't site tubes work? They can be remoted using a tube level design.

Keith

You can't access the front of the tanks. There's a bulk head plus engine room electrical and fuel lines in the way. We did add a Tank Tender System for water management an love it.

I reread your post and you probably could add what you've suggested. For the effort, I think the Tank Tender would be easier to install plus reading the tank levels.

Last edited:
The beauty of the Watercounter and flow meters is it is so easy to tell exactly how much water you've drawn for a given activity, like different lengths of shower. The Watercounter to me is worth the extra money, as it allows you to set to your tank capacity, and thus counts down to 0, making level reading at a glance. The remote feature is nice, but since we could just open a door and look into the engine room I just left it in there.

tvBEZp19rbK5Sf-euoWNC9WVwdk0OyOgjc91mEUpCjhvsa87oaCceExE9AGS0s76TOSzusCc1b-nc050fDzTtDi9Ya3Qn1TQpQezRhu59zcfQ_YuGCbvr6xCO74cA9zR6tPY8kV0Jp6zX6bk1G5U8sNhGQ5Sx4c3N0uGeX07eN-QuQQ5g-kQpX3N5yre23qiLxtGOVwHQ2YPq6kdWCTAccLeYzS9bRoQA8-DxZQhta5T5fPCP0D_8hRljrR9kXCNF4iHi2fFB1Rl1JlqauEWqha13IICDKCg81fVKqL8ehZh7qaD4zWJVTqKfLiDEJ3HCidSCG9V8EH7HPfq4UCqRMfFy76LR4m0cF2NVtjYBy2CEpaOaceb_-WikwrIUqENEkRegPDd2ckKsK7AYdprAUXc7jJZP0nZ_E3eGXWbOwAc7o-T1QW5r4Y-nmrQ4XR2YF_w7lsOMUfsKy8ZI5EMPGEorRlXWzuy1wj5Qj5hHkqoOMz8Ig6KVgJIGbrYlB4JMWk5AAEj3m1l_uH8am1KbUCAyKqWiI5CVF9aGG1cEuE=w906-h679-no

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom