Go Back   Trawler Forum > Trawler Forum > General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 05-12-2014, 08:10 PM   #1
Veteran Member

City: PNW
Vessel Name: Kingfisher
Vessel Model: 1974 Meridian Yachts Pilothouse 48
Want to share my Trainer/Guide/Boat Guy on a trip to Desolation Sound?

I’m planning to head north to Desolation Sound towards the end of July, returning mid-August. My dates are a bit flexible. While I don’t need to take my boat guy along, I’d really like to have him onboard for a few days. Scott Gienow of Sweet Pea Marine is the most amazing boat handler, trainer, guide and emergency mechanic that I’ve met, and I’ve run through my fair share of people.

I’ve got him on the books for a few final days of boat handling lessons and I’d love to take advantage of his skills up in Desolation. He knows the area intimately and would be a great asset to have along the first time I run some of the rapids and explore challenging areas.

I have room for Scott to stay on my boat and he would split his time as needed between clients. We could travel as a group (cheapest way) or split off and do our own thing, moving him from boat to boat as needed. He is well versed with both power boating and sailing.

Scott is full of all manner of ideas for places to visit, beautiful anchorages and great stops for shore excursions. And the guy is just plain FUN!

If you’re thinking of heading up there but wish you could have some backup for all or part of your trip, let me know. Maybe between us we could make this happen at a reasonable cost.

BTW – I told Scott I planned to post this idea and he’s all for it. Seriously, the guy is worth your consideration and if we can pool resources and share the magic, well, then this trip to Desolation Sound could be the thing of dreams.

Respond below or PM me for more info. And please spread the word if you know others who might be interested in this kind of arrangement.
Thanks,
Mary
AKMary is offline   Reply With Quote