It was a Gale Warning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JDCAVE

Guru
Vessel Name
Phoenix Hunter
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogen 42 (1985)
...but I guess they had to raise it to a storm warning when the winds touched northerly outflow 50 kts at noon at Pam Rocks.

Interesting that Pam Rocks is only 3 miles from out house in Lions Bay but there’s barely a puff of wind here.

IMG_2273.JPG

I was expecting our area to get whacked by northerly outflow winds combined with -10C temperatures like last year, but it's been pretty benign so far. It gusted to about 45 knots last night, then dialled back to 25 knot gusts today and the temperature climbed above freezing. I was shedding layers all day on my letter carrier route.

How were your temperatures?

It’s cold and the snow level is down to about 500’. It’s 4 C at Pam rocks and I’m guessing we’re about the same. Currently 44 kts gusting to 50 at Pam Rocks.

I see the wind buoy at Nanakwa Shoals is U/S.

Jim

It’s cold and the snow level is down to about 500’. It’s 4 C at Pam rocks and I’m guessing we’re about the same. Currently 44 kts gusting to 50 at Pam Rocks.

I see the wind buoy at Nanakwa Shoals is U/S.

Jim

Brrr, that's cold for down south.

Nanakwa Shoal buoy has been goofy for years. It can be blowing 60 knots and the wave height will never get over one metre :eek:

It was snowing, half snow and half rain AND WET, heavily in Gibsons.
Don't know what the wind was right here but the northerly was hitting the boats at anchor although it is almost always weaker on this side, west, of Howe Sound than on the east side.
Good thing I had other things to do, mostly boat stuff, inside although there was a foray outside to argue with the satellite dish.

Back
Top Bottom