Future of everything or a pile of ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rats, I missed out on investing in nanobubble energy and now I missed out on nanodiamonds. I'm going to have to keep working forever at this rate.

There is zero discussion of starting up a nuclear waste processing plant in the USA in a search of the USNRC website. Those NDB guys have a long row to hoe before that happens. Now what is the result if ISIS blows up one of these wonderful batteries in Times Square?
Not going to happen. Is this dreaming or fraudulent?

I can see people all walking around with little nuclear generators in their pockets. That will turn out really well.

I'm still hoping for a long lasting, easy to use, safe fuel cell to replace my batteries. Then, I can add even more 'batteries' in the existing space.
And no, I do not want to spend ten's of thousands of dollars either.

Last edited:
As with most things, probably somewhere in between.

Huge claims of leaps and bounds - the holy grail - that end up not being possible.

However, 10-20% of the ideas and/or offshoots from the work are very often useful in like-kind or other industries......

I seems to me that the energy density of the mentioned C14 is fairly low.
Probably less than batteries now in use. There is a reason there are no C14 reactors.

I can see people all walking around with little nuclear generators in their pockets. That will turn out really well.
Ha! Good one.

In a previous life 900 years ago I worked for my father's company re-racking spent fuel pools in nuke plants. Increasing the originally-designed holding capacity in other words, because power plants were prohibited from transporting spent fuel or processing plants or depositories were no longer available. The blue glow in those spent fuel pools was a mesmerizing, beautiful thing to see, but powering my cell phone in my pocket - I don't think so.

At one time if you had told me submarines would have power source that could keep them at sea for a year at a time, I would have laughed. And, I would have laughed even louder when you told me that some day I would have in my pocket a "computer" with more memory than all the computers aboard an early rocket being shot into space with a crew of American astronauts strapped in place.

So, here is hoping it fulfills at least a goodly part of the hype. Right now that is all it is, hype to maybe push a stock price higher or whatever.

Do you really think that the coronavirus shut down the manufacturing facilities of a company on the cusp of revolutionizing the world as we know it. "OK guys, we are not going to put out money for these masks and stuff, and we all know that Lysol is prohitively expensive, so everyone go home. When we get back we will be making billions, make that trillions, but it will have to wait a few months. Damn. Oh, well stay safe."

Puh-leez. Sounds too good to be true, and we know the appropriate adage that goes along with that. STILL, it would be cool.

Wonder if they sell bridges as a sideline :whistling:

Someone is talking a good con game. Sounds like late night talk radio. Maybe they can build them in Russia. They use carbon moderated reactors in the RMBK design plants. Chernobyl has plenty onsite. Pick up a piece and you will die an agonizing death though. Great Britain had some too until one caught fire.
Radioactive carbon batteries, good grief what a bad idea.

At one time if you had told me submarines would have power source that could keep them at sea for a year at a time, I would have laughed. And, I would have laughed even louder when you told me that some day I would have in my pocket a "computer" with more memory than all the computers aboard an early rocket being shot into space with a crew of American astronauts strapped in place.

Refuled twice before retiring a nuc sub.
Now, they are building subs that will not need refueling.

This all sounds perfectly feasible to me!

By the way, When I was a child, I taped one of those little bicycle tire generators to an electric motor, wired them together, used a rubber band as a pulley belt between the two, and gave her a spin. It's still spinning today 50 years later.

Puh-leez. Sounds too good to be true, and we know the appropriate adage that goes along with that. STILL, it would be cool.
This ^^^^

I also think the same thing when I hear that the oil companies have bought out and suppressed some amazing new technology that would give us all free energy. Seriously? You've got some technology that would be worth many trillions of dollars every year. Instead of bringing it to market the oil companies buy it out and keep on making a few billions each year. Does that make ANY sense at all?

(Hint: The answer is NO!!!)

This ^^^^

I also think the same thing when I hear that the oil companies have bought out and suppressed some amazing new technology that would give us all free energy. Seriously? You've got some technology that would be worth many trillions of dollars every year. Instead of bringing it to market the oil companies buy it out and keep on making a few billions each year. Does that make ANY sense at all?

(Hint: The answer is NO!!!)

How does your math work? If we are getting free energy who is paying the trillions of dollars every year? Once I have my free energy gizmo who would I be paying and why?

I am absolutely, positively, definitively not saying I believe in free energy gizmos only questioning who is paying the trillions of dollars a a year if they already have free energy?

BTW: Why would we go from paying billions of dollars a year for oil to trillions of dollars a year for free energy? Doesn't free mean paying nothing not paying a thousand times more?

Last edited:
I'm still hoping for a long lasting, easy to use, safe fuel cell to replace my batteries. Then, I can add even more 'batteries' in the existing space.
And no, I do not want to spend ten's of thousands of dollars either.
Efoy = safe fuel cell. I have the largest of the three on my boat.

210amp hours?

Yes and I also have 100 watt solar panels (3). I can go a month if I want without charging at marina. The alternator charges, the efoy charges and solar charges. My amp/day is roughly 150 +. I also have 6 firefly batteries with 557 usable amps (696 total amps) before I need a charge at all so at 150 amps/day I can go 3.7 days. But of course during those 3.7 days solar is adding amps and should I run the boat for a couple of hours more amps are added, then if I am in a short fall of amps, then I use efoy. Kind of a continuous round robin.

I have a bridge to sell you...

Who knows

Would I invest in this company. Not at this point. And I'm quite skeptical this will pan out as promised, but then again most major tech changes in the past 60 years have been things people scoffed at.

Back
Top Bottom