Fumoto Oil change valve

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rogerh

Guru
Vessel Name
At Last
Vessel Make
1990 Jefferson 52 Marquessa
I wanted to see if any one has used the fumoto oil change valve. In my application it would work quite well and give me peace of mind if a line to the oil change pump broke. Just want to see if anyone has had any experience with them or has an opinion. Thanks
Fumoto USA | Quick and Easy Engine Oil Drain Valves

Yes I've used them. Or at least ones that looked/worked the same. No problems with them as long as you can reach the lever. :D

I've had similar products on a couple of cars - loved it and has the added advantage of not having to worry about some knucklehead rounding the head on the plug either.

No need for the valve unless you feel the need.

My boat and my last boat was set up with just a hose from the oil pan to pumps or just dead ended above the oil level. My genset is set up that way also. As are/were hundreds of other marine engines I have operated.

Never a failure I am aware of...but always a possibility so it is just a matter of trusting your hose maintenance.

I have had one on my truck for years and it has been great. :thumb: Unlike any other engine I have owned, the oil plug required a washer every oil change or it would leak. :nonono: The Fumoto stopped the need for a washer and made an oil change that much easier/faster.

The drain also makes it easier to take an oil sample without making a mess.

Even though it would be almost impossible to have the drain value opened by hitting road debris, I use a wire tie to lock the value in place.

Later,
Dan

Back
Top Bottom