Fuel Fill Seal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ORIF

Vessel Name
TAMI II
Vessel Make
Tollycraft, 44 CPMY
Can anyone identify this deck fill?
It's on a 1986 44' Tollycraft.
I need to see about replacing the o-ring. In this case, the o-ring seems like it be embedded into the base rather than simply fitted around the cap threads.

Maybe it just pulls out and new presses back in but afraid to pull on it until sure.
Looking at my own pictures, I'm now betting the outer ring held on with 3 screws comes off and that's holding a more substantial gasket underneath.

Fuel line size is 2 inch.
Outer diameter of flange is 4.5"
Cap diameter is 3 inches.

Thanks for any knowledge on this part.

Attachments

• IMG_7404.jpg
    IMG_7404.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_7402.jpg
    IMG_7402.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_7405.jpg
    IMG_7405.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_7407.jpg
    IMG_7407.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
While I cannot say with 100% certainty, the 3 screws hold the fitting to the deck. There probably isn’t any other gasket or O ring except the one that is visible. I would take the O ring out and go to a hydraulic shop or somewhere that has fuel resistant O rings and buy one like it.

I think its extremely unlikely that the outer ring is a separate piece. You can use a very sharply pointed tool to carefully lift the o-ring out. If for some bizarre reason its not an o-ring you won't be able to lift it out and no harm will have been done. Once you get the o-ring out you can take it someplace to get a matching replacement and when you do, write down the size # so you can more easily get spares the next time. Its very important to change these regularly - so you're wise to be doing it now.

Ken

I think its extremely unlikely that the outer ring is a separate piece. You can use a very sharply pointed tool to carefully lift the o-ring out. If for some bizarre reason its not an o-ring you won't be able to lift it out and no harm will have been done. Once you get the o-ring out you can take it someplace to get a matching replacement and when you do, write down the size # so you can more easily get spares the next time. Its very important to change these regularly - so you're wise to be doing it now.

Ken
I have what looks to be that exact deck fill. The outer flange is integral with the fill pipe below so don't disturb it. Just pick out and replace the o-ring. I replace all x4 of mine (2 x fuel, 2 x water ) annually. Yours looks overdue.

Back
Top Bottom