Old 04-27-2016, 10:02 AM   #1
Veteran Member

City: Rockport, Ontario
Vessel Model: 1986 Oceania 35 Sundeck
FU HWA designs

This is a hello to FU HWA owners that I've noticed on the site such as Ruthless (42') and Third-Reef (36'). My FU HWA is an Oceania 35. Comparing layouts, it's interesting what the builders decided to add as the boats were made longer. My boat has the salon being all inclusive of the galley and lounge area. As the length increased by a foot, they added a separate dining and kitchen below. The 42 has a larger lounge? I think. You have hard tops on your sundecks. Are they aftermarket? Are your engine rooms different? Do you have more head room in the ER rather than 4 feet? Mine has a single diesel with a bow thruster, yours have two engines. I guess that makes it tight in the ER? Curious as to where you have the boat name.. stern? Maxwell Nilsson windlass? My boat had the teak decks removed by the PO. Yours?

Oceania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 02:34 PM   #2
Guru

City: Satsuma FL
Vessel Name: No Mo Trawla
Vessel Model: Hurricane SS188
Our 1984 38' Fu Hwa is what is commonly called a double cabin. It has no hard top on the deck over the aft cabin but I am thinking of adding one for shade and solar panels. We have a single engine, a Perkins 6-354 and the ER sounds like the same as yours as far height. Ours has a Dickinson stern thruster which I believe was OEM. Steering is hydraulic and so is the stern thruster. We have teak decks and haven't removed them yet. It has a radar arch rather than a mast. Our boat is on the market as we just haven't found the time to use it as much as we would like and we are also trying to do a relocation within FL. It is amazing how other things get in the way of boating!

Donsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 02:56 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Sounds like the same. My bow thruster is a Vetus and diesel is a Perkins 135 hp. We expect to spend a lot more time on the boat starting this summer. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum
Old 06-09-2016, 09:35 PM   #4

City: San Pedro, CA
Vessel Name: Satori
Vessel Model: 1985 Fu Hwa
Somehow I missed this last month...

Here is the beautiful Satori

Ex of Delta Jim and currently under the stewardship of CarlinLA

She is a winner.

34-feet of affordable yacht... good looking too.

What is my favorite duty so far???

I have a couple other threads going on the boat...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-05-22 14.19.06-1.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	52927   Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-03-18 15.38.51.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	52928  
CarlinLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 07:55 PM   #5

City: Tokyo, Japan / Tampa, Florida / Washington, Virginia
Vessel Name: Mondai Nai
Vessel Model: Nordhaven 55 - 45
Send a message via Skype™ to IntervaleII
Beautiful boat, enjoy

Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum
Capt. Don
IntervaleII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 11:23 AM   #6
Guru

City: Philadelphia, PA
Vessel Name: Revel
Vessel Model: 1984 Fu Hwa 39
Our REVEL is an '84 Fu Hwa 39 'Europa' Sedan Trawler. I have yet to see another like her. Nice interior woodwork. A layout that suits us w/galley up, eat-in counter facing the galley, only a built-in settee - so open floor space for movable furniture, helm w/seat, large covered back porch, small stateroom w/double berth - with some sort of arrangement for an upper single berth, large stateroom w/centerline queen, head w/bathtub(!), large flybridge w/seating and extra space. Twin Perkins 135s and genset. Raymarine electronics - none newer than 2000. Pics in one of my albums.
DHeckrotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 08:24 PM   #7
Veteran Member

City: North West Basin
Vessel Name: Moderation
Vessel Model: Sea Lord 35
A little late in posting to this thread but oh well.

We have a 1989 Fu Hwa built boat called a Sea Lord 35 which is just an Oceania 35 with another name. There were a few of these imported into Canada in the late 80's. This is a fairly solid boat however pretty much all of the boats built in this series have the same issues and this one is no exception. I wanted a Monk 36 but my wife loved the sun deck and despite my best efforts to find a reason not to buy it we ended up with this one. We've learned she'll take more than we can handle comfortably which is nice and I'm pleased with our decision.

We bought this one specifically to loop in a few years. She was bare bones and we've been infesting a lot into repairs and outfitting for that purpose.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Moderation.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	70385   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170720_131015.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	170.1 KB
ID:	70386  
ksceviour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 11:58 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Nice boat. It does look pretty similar to the Oceania 35. We just last year had our Bimini replaced but were not sure if we wanted and hardstop or softtop, or any top, on the Sundeck. She sure is a great little boat for travelling. We went up the Rideau last summer and plan to go up the Trent Severn and around Georgian Bay next . Do you have any advise about the Sundeck cover?
Old 11-16-2017, 12:07 PM   #9
Veteran Member

City: North West Basin
Vessel Name: Moderation
Vessel Model: Sea Lord 35
Ours has the mounts for a hard cover but it's tough to say if it ever had one. All the canvas is new this year including the sun deck. The sundeck can get pretty hot and keeping it shaded helps keep the master cabin cool.

We added supports to the new one to stop swaying. It was a huge improvement and allows us to keep the bimini open safely in windy conditions. I might have a pic of that if you're interested. We're thinking of putting two more on the front as well attached to the arch for even more stability.

All our teak is coming off the sundeck next spring in favor of FG and anti skid.

ksceviour is offline   Reply With Quote