Fu Hwa 1984 38' Trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steveb

Vessel Name
Urge
Vessel Make
44' Marine Trader, Double Cabin Trawler
I'm considering the purchase of a Fu Hwa 1984 38' double cabin Trawler. I'd appreciate any input. i.e. is this a good idea, bad idea or what should I look for to know I'm doing the right thing.

Thank you,

Steve

Welcome!

You're getting it surveyed? Can you post a link to the boat's info?

Welcome.

Yikes. That is my boat. I have been complaining of the awful pictures the broker put on YW of it.

If you have any questions, PM me. It is a typical Taiwanese Tub of the era. The Fu Hwa yard built boats such as the Kadey Krogan Manatee and others with various labels. Chen Hwa and Chung Hwa were two other yards owned by the same boat group.

Nice boat!

(Fuzzy pics) ?

Donsan, The broker sent me a fresh set of pictures. Do you know the height above the water line? If the survey comes back with no significant issues I plan to go up and take a look for myself on Nov 13 & 14. If I don't buy the boat you should ask the broker to post the newer pictures. I'd appreciate any info you'd be willing to offer that isn't in the listing. You can email me directly at sblomquist10@gmail.com.
Thanks,
Steve

Welcome.

Yikes. That is my boat. I have been complaining of the awful pictures the broker put on YW of it.

If you have any questions, PM me. It is a typical Taiwanese Tub of the era. The Fu Hwa yard built boats such as the Kadey Krogan Manatee and others with various labels. Chen Hwa and Chung Hwa were two other yards owned by the same boat group.
Hello Donsan, can you send me (PM) your email i'd like to ask you some questions about the boat you once owned. Ziggy

Nice wake up alarm... If the fire alarm doesn't get you up, the trumpets will?

Funny picture but nice boat!

Stu

Attachments

• donsan photo 21.jpg
    donsan photo 21.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 99
Steve,

We had one for three years and just sold it last November. Same year but slightly different layout, bigger refrigerator, full upper canvas, all fiberglass decks, bigger swim step, same engine (check injection pump for actual rating ours was 120 vs 135). Watch for leaks around windows and port lights and check condition of rear lazzerette hatch. Up to 3 ft head seas it did fine. At 4 it would start to porpoise and at 5 and above you had to slow down. Following seas up to 5-6 ft were fine but a lot of work since our autopilot couldn't handle it. Anything over 3 feet on the beam and you wanted to change course into it.

Had a minor delamination on the solid keel near the stern but that was easily repaired. PM me if you have specific questions.

Tom

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom