Ft Lauderdale boat show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lipets

Vessel Make
Benneteau Swift 42
Anyone here going?

Looks huge, anyone have tip from prior years getting around.

BoatUS has a coupon for few $$ off

Greetings,
Mr. l. Wear comfortable shoes and try to go on a weekday. Oh, and bring LOTS of $$...

200.webp

Bring a bag to carry your shoes in when you board a boat. If you leave them on the dock they might be stolen. I know from personal experience. I've been told that it is not uncommon.

3 days, there can't be that much to see

what time can you really get in there I wanted to get a jump on things parking in lot A supposed to be close to most things

stuck going on Sat :rolleyes:

3 days, there can't be that much to see

what time can you really get in there I wanted to get a jump on things parking in lot A supposed to be close to most things

stuck going on Sat :rolleyes:

I have found 3 days about right, and that's only going on a small number of boats, and having conversations with maybe 5-6 vendors. It's a big show. You could probably walk by everything in a day, but not really look at anything.

Miami show much better for trawler types - though I really missed the Collins Ave show now that they have moved everything away from South Beach. (That's not all I missed either!)

Re shoes, good luck to anyone who grabs mine, either by mistake or on purpose. Thay will look like a clown walking around with giant over-sized shoes. And who on earth would want my shoes. They smell bad.

Hmmm, lemme think. I own a boat so no need to look at the boats.
The toy section? The toys I want, I cant afford. SHRUG

Well me too, just bought the boat a few months ago, so the toys are what's on my walking list then maybe few boats just for S&G

We're leaving town before the start of the show and returning several weeks after so avoiding all the show traffic on land and the water.

How long it takes just depends on your desire and approach. If you want to see every display and boat there, it's a good two day task. If you intend to talk at length with suppliers and/or builders than that adds time.

I would think most boating fans would enjoy two to three days at FLIBS at least once. Lots of great boats shown. It does not have very much trawler orientation. If you do want to see the 120' Nordhavn that has been the topic of much discussion here, it will be there.

For trawlers, Trawlerfest and Palm Beach shows both have more than even Miami.

There are more suppliers of equipment and supplies at FLIBS than any other boat shows so even if you don't see a boat that interests you, you can benefit from the other displays.

FLIBS is also an opportunity to see boats you seldom get to see. For instance, Mag Bay, from the family that long owned Cabo, will be making a debut. Australian brands like Maritimo show. You will find many dinghies there and Catamarans, although a trip to the Catamaran Company the week after you'll see more.

Back
Top Bottom