Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 07:11 PM   #141
Guru

City: somewhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by psneeld View Post

You can do all that with a Bluewater Yacht and not sink it.

People should know they aren't bad boats...just designed for a specific purpose...but like all boats you can draw outside the lines sometimes...especially if you are good enough.
Then, lets try this one...

She can get caught in a squall with 6-10' seas and won't have to be rescued by the coast guard...

Old 06-23-2013, 08:40 PM   #142

City: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baker View Post
And just because the brand of boat you are looking at is called "Bluewater", do not think for a minute at it is Bluewater capable. If it is the same manufacturer that I am thinking of, it is basically a houseboat made to look like a trawler. I am not trying to shoot down your dream. Just trying to warn you.
I would never purchase a Bluewater boat. They are not my style.

I meant it as a boat that can handle rough seas. It has the hull shape and a deep draft.

Old 06-23-2013, 10:14 PM   #143

City: Toronto & Nanaimo
Vessel Name: Island Eagle
Vessel Model: DeFever
So, just out of curiosity, what us your budget now? Initially, it seemed pretty low.

Scott Welch
Island Eagle
Old 06-23-2013, 10:55 PM   #144
Guru

City: Avalon, NJ
Vessel Name: Freedom
Vessel Model: Albin 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbum29 View Post
Then, lets try this one...

She can get caught in a squall with 6-10' seas and won't have to be rescued by the coast guard...
Keep trying to prove a point...you won't....

And totally off the topic to boot.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:18 PM   #145
Guru

City: Juno Beach, FL
Vessel Name: Takes Two
Vessel Model: Defever 49 RPH
The only negative to you in obtaining a buyers broker and I have used one several times, is that you are expected to pay for out of cost expenses (airfares, hotels, food) when going to look at vessels away from your area which can add up if they are in far away places and you want to kick a number of tires before committing.

However if you do buy a vessel then those expenses can be deducted from some brokers percentages, just remember the broker has other expenses as well insurance, fees, office expenses etc. and their 5% split doesnt go as far you would expect.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:46 PM   #146
Guru

City: Cruising East Coast US
Vessel Name: Grace
Vessel Model: DeFever 48
GG,
I have sent you PM's and nothing but crickets. I as others have some real questions about your sincerity. When I hear someone bashing brokers and then fail to respond to our overtures your credibility and motives are brought into question. What exactly is it you want from brokers? This thread seems to have fully runs it's course. We are beating the same horse
http://graceyachting.com/
Old 06-24-2013, 08:20 AM   #147

As a yacht broker, I get a lot of calls and emails from want-to-be's. Some times they are legitimate, sometimes not. So I have to make a decision as to how much time I wish to invest. Its very frustrating trying to help a client for weeks then he tells you he is buying a boat on Craigs list.

But if you call me, I will return the call.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:49 AM   #148
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by psneeld View Post

Keep trying to prove a point...you won't....

And totally off the topic to boot.
No. Actually I'm poking fun at you...
Old 06-24-2013, 03:04 PM   #149
Dauntless Award

City: New York, NY
Vessel Name: Dauntless
Vessel Model: Kadey Krogen 42 - 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddyo View Post
GG,
I have sent you PM's and nothing but crickets. I as others have some real questions about your sincerity. When I hear someone bashing brokers and then fail to respond to our overtures your credibility and motives are brought into question. What exactly is it you want from brokers? This thread seems to have fully runs it's course. We are beating the same horse
you mean like this?

Hey, I've stayed out of this for the last months because everytime anyone asks a question that involves specifics, they get no answer. ANd in the trillion posts I've seen so far, I know no more than I did in the beginning.

"if I told you the actual boat I want, I would have to kill you" Umm, Now I finally get it.
Find us: https://share.delorme.com/dauntless
Old 06-25-2013, 12:05 AM   #150
Guru

GG, many TF members have contributed to your thread which raised issues about yacht brokers being unresponsive. I agree with others, the thread has largely run its course, except for this question.
Daddyo appears pro-active as a broker and highly experienced as a captain. He is a fellow TF member and contributor. If he sent you PMs offering his assistance, why would you not take up his offer ?
Old 06-25-2013, 07:58 AM   #151

City: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceK View Post
GG, many TF members have contributed to your thread which raised issues about yacht brokers being unresponsive. I agree with others, the thread has largely run its course, except for this question.
Daddyo appears pro-active as a broker and highly experienced as a captain. He is a fellow TF member and contributor. If he sent you PMs offering his assistance, why would you not take up his offer ?
I sent Daddyo a PM, just tried to copy and paste it, but I can't find it. Maybe it didn't go through and I thought it had. My internet connection has been funky lately with the rain here.

Basically I told him that I was betrayed once by a forum member. I told this person something in private and asked them not to share and they did anyhow. At that point I said that I would never do that again. I figured it is better for me to keep things separate for this reason. I don't know Daddyo personally, and I'm sure he's a great trustworthy guy, but how could I know. I have met some great folks here who have been very supportive like Westwinds, Phil, and Kevin, just to name a few right from the top of my head. There are others. But, I have also received plenty of discouragement and naysay, so I tread carefully. I do enjoy the forum and learn a lot. I appreciate all of the responses that I get. I don't want to do anything that would compromise my position here.
I don't want anyone to say that I am wasting there time if I take longer than I should to find a boat, which has been the tone lately from some forum members. Not saying that Daddyo would, but I don't know him personally.
I told him that I have figured out a way to get a hold of the listing agent on boats that I want to view, and it is working. I also mentioned this somewhere on the thread.
I said that I was hoping that my house would be sold soon and maybe then, I would change my mind and decide to use a buyers broker once I jump on the fast track. I ended the message thanking him and telling him that I really appreciated the offer.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:39 AM   #152
Guru

Vessel Name: Anastasia III
Vessel Model: Krogen 42
"What everyone wants is for it to taste like chocolate, cure cancer and cost a nickel. What you GET is something else."

I think this applies to all of GG's posts.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:11 AM   #153
Guru

City: Avalon, NJ
Vessel Name: Freedom
Vessel Model: Albin 40
Waiting for Daddyo's response...there's not too much about buying a boat that doesn't become public anyhow...especially a bigger one that will become or is documented.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:11 PM   #154

City: ---
Vessel Name: ---
GG and mome hope to meet you 2 one time.

Cees
Old 06-25-2013, 01:01 PM   #155
Guru

City: Everett Wa
Vessel Name: Eagle
Vessel Model: Roughwater 58 pilot house
GG has come a long way in less than a year, more than most of us would have! To find and purchase a 60+ ft boat usually takes years. I agree its time for her to start going on and looking at boats to decided the must haves requirements, and talk to bankers, brokers, insurance and marinas. Putting all the pieces together to by a boat take s time and can be daunting.

I donít see very many of you being open and providing personal in information. Shoot most of you do not even have basic profile information. So donít get on her about being concerned at information provided.

She probable knows more than most people that just start looking for boat to buy. Besides 18 years ago I was exactly like her, so give her a break. I could say the same thing about many of you! We all start out newbies and had to start where she is. I am very disappointed with many of you with your attitude and comments.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:13 PM   #156
TF Site Team

City: SEWARD ALASKA
Vessel Name: LISAS WAY
Vessel Model: BAYLINER 4788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Fill View Post
We all start out newbies and had to start where she is. I am very disappointed with many of you with your attitude and comments.
I often wonder, reading GG's posts if she were a man and not a single parent, if she would be treated differently.

Lots of people come here and ask similar questions. Lots of people come here as dreamers. Lots of people come here with life events, like retirement, or selling a home that need to take place prior to buying a boat... especially a liveaboard boat.

For some, it never comes together. For some, the stars align and they end up as liveaboards.

But I'll tell you what. The negative comments to her questions, and desires sure paint a picture of some of our members, and its not a pretty picture. Personally I think its gender bias, but thats just me. Either way in my opinion its not right.
www.mvlisasway.com
Old 06-25-2013, 01:29 PM   #157
Guru

City: San Diego
Vessel Name: "Sandpiper"
Vessel Model: 2006 42' Ocean Alexander Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksanders View Post
I often wonder, reading GG's posts if she were a man and not a single parent, if she would be treated differently.
Probably! I guess if some of us disagree with GG's approach, we're bad guys, huh? Give us a break! This thread is WAY too long!

My passion for improving my boat(s) exceeds my desire to constantly cruise them.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:36 PM   #158
Guru

I could care less what her gender is.

I think she asks for opinions and never believes anyone.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:59 PM   #159
Dauntless Award

City: New York, NY
Vessel Name: Dauntless
Vessel Model: Kadey Krogen 42 - 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyGirl View Post
Basically I told him that I was betrayed once by a forum member. I told this person something in private and asked them not to share and they did anyhow. At that point I said that I would never do that again. I figured it is better for me to keep things separate for this reason. I don't know Daddyo personally, and I'm sure he's a great trustworthy guy, but how could I know. ...
Therefore since you don't know him, you can't trust him. But you do trust a stranger with a listing?? Again, what am I not understanding?

In the 6 months I have been on this forum, you have solicited countless opinions, received thoughtful answers that took much time to formulate, but you have an excuse for seemingly never to actually listen.

Slowly but surely, I think am understanding what's going on here.
Find us: https://share.delorme.com/dauntless
Old 06-25-2013, 02:51 PM   #160
Guru

City: Carefree, Arizona
Vessel Name: sunchaser V
Vessel Model: DeFever 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyGirl View Post
I can't get them to call me back. I have e-mailed, called, and even texted one guy. Nothing.
When I finally did get an appointment to view something, the guy e-mailed me that morning to cancel, then didn't respond to my request to re-schedule.
What gives?
GG

After reading your first post as copied above, it would seem a moving target is out there. Interesting how we men enjoy being led around by a gal.

Closed Thread