Free Cruising Guides

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's fine but the guides aren't for where I want to go. Are there any good guides for the NJ ICW, Hudson River and Erie Canal?

Are there any good guides for the NJ ICW, Hudson River and Erie Canal?

What kind of info are you looking for? Chart books or accommodations, etc?

Have you used Active Captain?

See my linked website for some Erie, Rideau, canal & 1,000 Is cruising notes.

What kind of info are you looking for? Chart books or accommodations, etc?

Have you used Active Captain?

See my linked website for some Erie, Rideau, canal & 1,000 Is cruising notes.

I use Active Captain extensively for marinas, anchorages and fuels stops. I also have the commercial guides. One can never know too much about a subject.

I'm thinking of travelling the NY ICW and NYC, Statue of Liberty, etc. I have the Waterway Guide and a pretty old book on cruising the NJ ICW. I would like more if there's anything out there.

Thanks for the link. I may or may not go as far as the Erie canal. I would like to but I'm not sure I'll have the time.

We are planning a spring trip right now and last night we were laying in bed and reading those guides. They're really quite excellent.

As to the other mention of Active Captain we use it constantly. However, it's still nice to find guides of different areas that bring some flavor to the destinations.

"Are there any good guides for the NJ ICW, Hudson River and Erie Canal?"

You bet,

Skipper Bob - Landfall Navigation

Landfall Navigation® Marine Safety & Nautical Charts Chandlery › ... › Books & Guides › Cruising Guides

Skipper Bob has cruised more than 40000 miles on the East Coast of the United States. His travels have taken him ... Boats & Boards · Paddle Boards .... The last book written by Skipper Bob prior to his death (2nd Edition). Edited by Mary Ellen ...

Publications | Skipper Bob Cruising Guides

www.skipperbob.net/publications

Skipper Bob Cruising Guides covering The Great Loop and the Bahamas as well as the Erie, ... Skipper Bob Publications ... Also available in E-Book format.

"Are there any good guides for the NJ ICW, Hudson River and Erie Canal?"

You bet,

Skipper Bob - Landfall Navigation

Landfall Navigation® Marine Safety & Nautical Charts Chandlery › ... › Books & Guides › Cruising Guides

Skipper Bob has cruised more than 40000 miles on the East Coast of the United States. His travels have taken him ... Boats & Boards · Paddle Boards .... The last book written by Skipper Bob prior to his death (2nd Edition). Edited by Mary Ellen ...

Publications | Skipper Bob Cruising Guides

www.skipperbob.net/publications

Skipper Bob Cruising Guides covering The Great Loop and the Bahamas as well as the Erie, ... Skipper Bob Publications ... Also available in E-Book format.

Thanks. I have the AICW ones (a bit dated). Actually, I think they cover the US East Coast. I'll have to get them out and check again.

Back
Top Bottom