Found The Boat, Pulled The Trigger!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very clean ! Nice find and congrats !

She's a beauty. I like that fuel manifold, everything is laid out. Congratulations on your purchase and fair winds to you!!!~

Looked at a couple of Marine Traders before deciding on a Grand Banks 42. One problem they all had was wet stringers. The were almost always 100% moisture reading. Maybe the engine room is so clean because the stringers were replaced. One of the boats had a jet pump system for the bow thruster, they are easier to install and to maintain. Did not seem as effective but did work good. Happy motoring.

Yep, I know what you mean. At our budget we knew it would take some time to find that needle in a haystack. The first boat we surveyed, a Nova Heritage East, didn't get past two hours into the survey before I called it off. The second boat, a Symbol, made it about that long as well before we called that one off. So we went into this one with eyes wide open and was pleasantly surprised.

Our friends owned a Grand Banks 36 and yes, that was a nice boat.

Congrats!

Outstanding find, depending on that percentage paid.

Gave me plenty of ideas (like those battery boxes) for mine. Will have to save that one for the same reason as Al had stated.

Looks like a very nice Christmas present! Have fun. I looked at a Marine Trader some time ago. Very well appointed and good bones.

I have a 43 Marine Trader Sundeck 1985 with twin 135 Lehmans. I envy the neatness and organization of your engine room and solar power, something for me to shoot for. Congratulations to you and the wife.

I have a 43 Marine Trader Sundeck 1985 with twin 135 Lehmans. I envy the neatness and organization of your engine room and solar power, something for me to shoot for. Congratulations to you and the wife.

Thank you! Plans are to bring it from Deltaville Va. to Myrtle Beach between January 11th and 24th. I think I have crew lined up or if not I'll single-hand it down...we shall see. In either case, I'm chomping at the bit to really go through the boat and see just exactly what I have.

Back
Top Bottom