Ford Lehman oil drain plug

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Best Alternative
Vessel Make
36 Albin Aft Cabin
While the engine is out of the boat I want to replace the drain plug assembly which is on it now. The drain plug is very difficult to get to and I could never get a large enough pan under the engine to catch the old oil. Presently there is a drain plug with a hose attached which allows me to suction the used oil out of the pan. It actually works very well but it leaks. It's kind of a complicated piece. It tightens into the pan with an allen wrench and the hose comes out of a swivel type ring halfway in.

Can't seem to find a replacement. How about just a barbed fitting into the pan ? I could put a stopper into the end or a ball valve at the end away from the engine.

Kind of a shocker when I learned the oil pan was cast aluminum, would brass be compatible ? (Fresh water)

Pete

Google "oil quick change" for a number of products designed for the job. Add "aviation" or "marine" to the search for those slants.

American Diesel has a kit kit. I don't think it's expensive.

Not sure from the picture but it may be another banjo bolt assembly.

Weld a bung over the fitting and attach another hose. It doesn’t even need a valve. Attach it to the pump of your choice.

Back
Top Bottom