following seas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daddyo

Guru
Vessel Name
Grace
Vessel Make
DeFever 48
Sometimes following seas aren't so fun. This is from my stern five minutes ago. The others are from yesterday.

-- Edited by Daddyo on Tuesday 19th of October 2010 09:06:26 AM

-- Edited by Daddyo on Tuesday 19th of October 2010 09:07:25 AM

Attachments

• 10-19-10 078.jpg
    10-19-10 078.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 96
  • 10-19-10 077.jpg
    10-19-10 077.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 82
  • 10-19-10 087.jpg
    10-19-10 087.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 92
  • 10-19-10 088.jpg
    10-19-10 088.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 83
Looks like the Neuse on any day the wind is out of the NE. I only hate them for two reasons. First, The Carbon Wife Unit and her canine companion complain, and my arms look like Popeye's when you spend the whole day spinning your helm from lock-to-lock.

Perfect reason for the other thread on helm position.
Who could keep there seat with this going on.

Mind you*helm so's ya don't get pooped

SD

GonzoF1 wrote:

Looks like the Neuse on any day the wind is out of the NE. I only hate them for two reasons. First, The Carbon Wife Unit and her canine companion complain, and my arms look like Popeye's when you spend the whole day spinning your helm from lock-to-lock.
Looks like the Neuse any day that Skinny Dippin' is trying to get home.

I don't hate them near as much as beam seas when*we pop out of Adam's Creek.

Hi everyone!* Carbon Wife Unit here.....

Many long range commercial and pleasure trawlers have canoe, fantail rounded stern to soften the following seas/waves, which also makes docking easier.* We have a rounded stern so we do not feel the following and/or push the stern around as they pass around/under the boat.* Our trawler tracks almost as well in following seas as heading into the seas.* With a canoe/fantail/rounded stern we can easily get around from the dock.* The helm position*si not the primary factor?*

At least you were flying THE FLAG !
R.

I've had the salon door knocked off it's track in beam seas.* It is no fun on the fly-bridge and not a whole lot better at the lower helm.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom