Flybridge or Not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not to hijack this farther, but anyone seen boats with college mascots or logos or such on them? With the stadiums on the water, and college games kicking off, anyone seen some yahoo paint their boat for the team? There's Neyland Stadium in Knoxville (river party), HJusky Stadium in Seattle, Everbank Field in Jacksonvile, among others I cna't think of.

Not to hijack this farther, but anyone seen boats with college mascots or logos or such on them? With the stadiums on the water, and college games kicking off, anyone seen some yahoo paint their boat for the team? There's Neyland Stadium in Knoxville (river party), HJusky Stadium in Seattle, Everbank Field in Jacksonvile, among others I cna't think of.

I've only seen burgees and flags.No crazy paint.All tho I have seen boats that have the same colors as their fav team but no logos or designs per say.

And I'll see your Flemming 55 and raise you my Grand Banks Aleutian 53 or 59 - still deciding...seeing my Alaska 46 Gen II is already on the table in the pile...whooo...this might be getting too hot for me. Oh, and sorry about the thread hijack folks, but all the above have great flybridges, right..?
Maybe a sign of age (I like to think maturity,while subscribing to"you are only young once but can be immature all your life"), there is a stage when you have "enough boat" and no need to go bigger. Even so,the Alaska 46 is a really nice boat,I think it looks marginally better as a sedan than FB, and it has good accommodation, of all kinds.
Where you have little cockpit space, ie transom so close to aft cabin bulkhead there is "no room to swing a cat" (cat not supplied),eg the older Blue Seas 36 or some aft cabin designs, the FB is essential for adequate space outside. BruceK

Rambler said:

I've seen some crazy paint on the cigarette boats around here but none college themed. :)

We have a slip on the west coast of Michigan, so we see a lot of loopers this time of year. By far the favorite configuration of these live aboard- cruisers is the aft cabin/ sundeck/flybridge. Might not make sense on the left coast, but it's tops on the loop. By the way, if you're sitting close to the water in many areas of the Great Lakes...you're sitting in a swarm of bugs....

One can enjoy the sun without a flybridge. Note orange-sweatered, white-hatted, nest-to-life-ring owner just aft of the pilothouse:

img_101548_0_ddd27dd9542ad5b64ca4cb76b1a1762d.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom