Flybridge helm only ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
makobuilders wrote, "Glad I’m not a sail-boater!"

Having put thousands of miles under the keel in both sail and power boats (with and without upper flybridge stations), I say that almost any boat can bring joy. However, the last time I made a week-long offshore passage under sail in an aft-cockpit ketch, I decided I'd proven enough, and promised myself: never again, without a heated and air-conditioned pilothouse!

makobuilders wrote, "Glad I’m not a sail-boater!"

Having put thousands of miles under the keel in both sail and power boats (with and without upper flybridge stations), I say that almost any boat can bring joy. However, the last time I made a week-long offshore passage under sail in an aft-cockpit ketch, I decided I'd proven enough, and promised myself: never again, without a heated and air-conditioned pilothouse!

That was one of my epiphanies one day when bringing our sailboat back from the Bahamas las time. I was motoring up the ICW on a chilly day, cold rain pelting me, and as abjectly miserable as I had been in a while, and I watched a trawler pass by me with a guy in shirt sleeves, steering from inside, who waved cheerfully to me as I passed.

We put the sailboat for sale a couple of months after that. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom