Florida Vessel Titles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ron T

Vessel Name
Grand Yankee
Vessel Make
1981 49' Grand Banks Classic
In Florida, once your vessel is 30 years old and has its original engines it is a antique. Very low fee to registrar. I had all done by Valerie Cisco, Art's Tag and Title Service. located in Fort Lauderdale office 954 463 1050 Fax 954 463 1053. She did a quick job at a very fair cost.

Yup. $6.95 a year for registration of my '73 Gulfstar. And yes, the period is in the right place.

In Florida, once your vessel is 30 years old and has its original engines it is a antique. Very low fee to registrar. I had all done by Valerie Cisco, Art's Tag and Title Service. located in Fort Lauderdale office 954 463 1050 Fax 954 463 1053. She did a quick job at a very fair cost.

Valerie helped us out when registering Hobo in FL. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

She did a quick job at a very fair cost.

No need to pay someone , just wander into any tag office , fill out a tiny form and wait for the mail.

A boat has to be registered in FL , at full price , then the second year the Historic deal works.

Just like the USCG with doccummentation , no need to pay someone to do simple mailing a form.

Based on where the boat is coming from and where your primary residence (taxing jurisdiction) is, can complicate things significantly. Arriving from the PNW was not a mater of simply mailing in a form.

Florida doesn't have any special rules for people arriving from the PNW (or any other, particular, states for that matter). You weren't coming from Canada, were you? If not, then the rules are pretty simple and straightforward. They are clearly spelled out on the websites of the Dept. of Revenue and the Dept. of Motor Vehicles.

I don't begrudge anyone who makes a bit of money by helping people to file their paperwork. Nor do I criticize anyone who prefers to pay someone else to take care of that sort of thing for them. Still, I have to agree with FF that, at least in Florida, this is a very simple process.

Back
Top Bottom