Old 09-08-2019, 09:40 AM   #21
Guru

City: Cleveland
Vessel Name: Irishland
Vessel Model: Chris Craft Corinthian 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybull View Post
They're certainly impressive boats... would love to see one first hand.

Unfortunately, they're completely out of my reach used or otherwise. Good luck with your search!
You are right Flybull. They are an impressive vessel. I have been on 3. F-55, F-65 and F-75. That is why I want one and I am going to get one. The question is which one?

That is why I search for them and it is a pain in the hump not having yachtworld work right!

Cheers

H.
hfoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 09:45 AM   #22

City: New Smyrna Beach, FL
Vessel Name: Mikala
Vessel Model: DeFever 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunchaser View Post
Fleming dealers Chuck Hovey on the US west coast and Burr Yacht Sales on the east coast have many Flemings listed. Many boat sellers have given up on Yachtworld listings given the ease at which their own websites can be updated and managed. Plus, the ability to control the process better than a third party.

It appears there’s more to it than that. Google searches, usually quite productive, are coming up dry whereas they usually point to brokers with Fleming inventory. The usual suspects (Luke Brown, Bradford, et al) have nothing listed on their sites.
Mikala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 09:48 AM   #23
Guru

Quote:
Fleming dealers Chuck Hovey on the US west coast and Burr Yacht Sales on the east coast have many Flemings listed. Many boat sellers have given up on Yachtworld listings given the ease at which their own websites can be updated and managed. Plus, the ability to control the process better than a third party.
Sunchaser.

I believe you may have hit on something there. It does make sense. I think my next step is to contact Burr yacht to see if that is the case.

Great input thanks.

Cheers.

H.
Old 09-08-2019, 09:57 AM   #24
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala View Post
Yatco.com shows some used US listings. Very cumbersome to navigate and filter though. https://www.yatco.com/buy-a-yacht/al...wtype-gallery/

It appears all of the listings point to Burr.
Mikala.

Thanks for the link. One thing I notes. Yatco is an Europe company. Yes they are showing some used Fleming for sale in the USA but not all. With them being a Europe company and with Yachtworld showing only used Fleming in Europe, I can see how some one like me would be driven to their website. However I would not be driven to a Burr yacht sale website for a used Fleming.

That's odd in it's self.

Thank for the link.

Cheers.

H.
Old 09-08-2019, 09:58 AM   #25
Guru

City: Carefree, Arizona
Vessel Name: sunchaser V
Vessel Model: DeFever 48 (sold)
Quote:
It appears there’s more to it than that. Google searches, usually quite productive, are coming up dry whereas they usually point to brokers with Fleming inventory. The usual suspects (Luke Brown, Bradford, et al) have nothing listed on their sites.
You just need to Google the right keywords.
sunchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 10:03 AM   #26

City: New Smyrna Beach, FL
Vessel Name: Mikala
Vessel Model: DeFever 48
Quote:
You just need to Google the right keywords.

Duh. The point of the thread is Fleming’s were very easy to locate days ago...and now they’ve disappeared.

Burr and Hovey were not the only sources of used Fleming’s a week ago.
Mikala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 10:05 AM   #27
Guru

Quote:
That is a good point as well.

I talked with reps from Luke Brown before on a couple of Vessels. The vessel were handle by a differnet broker. One rep from luke Brown told me they get most of their listing off of Yachtworld and post them on their site. So that is why the Used Flemings in the USA are not showing up on Luke Brown. Most of them are from Burr yachts.

My main question now is this. Why does only the Europe yacht Broker company show up with used Flemings and not any of of the USA Yacht Brokers companies?

Odd. Does anyone know where Yachtworld is base out of? It is Europe or the USA?

That would tell me a great deal.

Cheers

H.
Old 09-08-2019, 10:13 AM   #28
Guru

City: Carefree, Arizona
Vessel Name: sunchaser V
Vessel Model: DeFever 48 (sold)
Quote:
Duh. The point of the thread is Fleming’s were very easy to locate days ago...and now they’ve disappeared.

Burr and Hovey were not the only sources of used Fleming’s a week ago.
You are right, Internet minutiae is devilish. Remembering of course market 101 is at play.
sunchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 10:46 AM   #29
Veteran Member

City: Delray Beach
I was at Burr when they were prepping for Dorian and there were several for sale. I have to think there's a technical issue at YW or Burr took them down short term for some reason.

I teased the guy at Burr that they control the prices with an iron fist and they never seem to go down, maybe they are trying to stimulate demand!
mod45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 10:47 AM   #30
Guru

One other point to this issue reguarding the used Fleming not coming up on Yachtworld in the USA.

I can search for used Marlows, KK, OR, GB, Nordys and any otherr kind of vessel I want and they come up in the USA. However none for the used Fleming in the USA.

That would point to an issue between the Fleming Dealers in the UAS and Yachtworld. However if that were the case. The New build for those dealers in the USA should not show up (because the companies are at odds) but they do.

This is a head knocker that is for sure.

Cheers.

H.
Old 09-08-2019, 11:18 AM   #31
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfoster View Post
One other point to this issue reguarding the used Fleming not coming up on Yachtworld in the USA.

I can search for used Marlows, KK, OR, GB, Nordys and any otherr kind of vessel I want and they come up in the USA. However none for the used Fleming in the USA.

That would point to an issue between the Fleming Dealers in the UAS and Yachtworld. However if that were the case. The New build for those dealers in the USA should not show up (because the companies are at odds) but they do.

This is a head knocker that is for sure.

Cheers.

H.
Not really a head knocker. Simply a broker who failed to upload their listings correctly to Yacht World. Think, real estate agent fails to upload to MLS.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 11:33 AM   #32
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
Not really a head knocker. Simply a broker who failed to upload their listings correctly to Yacht World. Think, real estate agent fails to upload to MLS.
Thanks for the input. However 4 days ago is when this happen. Up until that time 12 used Fleming were showing up on yachtworld 8 from Burr yachts 3 from Chuck Hovey and one from a company in Michigan.

I find it hard to believe 3 different companies failed to upload their listing incorrectly all at the same time. Also Burr and Hovey listing have been up for over 6 months on some of their listings and one from Burr I know has been listed for over 8 months.

So therefore I do not find that to be the case.

Cheers

H.
Old 09-08-2019, 11:36 AM   #33

City: Out and About
Vessel Model: Sold-GB 52 Europa, Queenship 59, Tolly 45
There are two new Flemings (65 and 55) in Port Sidney Marina, BC. The 55 is fully commissioned (electronics, dinghy, heat etc). Beautiful boats but they have been sitting here for over 9 months now. Surprised they are not selling.
gsholz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 11:48 AM   #34
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsholz View Post
There are two new Flemings (65 and 55) in Port Sidney Marina, BC. The 55 is fully commissioned (electronics, dinghy, heat etc). Beautiful boats but they have been sitting here for over 9 months now. Surprised they are not selling.
Gsholz.

Yes their are beautiful vessels but the price tag are not so beautiful.

The issue is finding a used Fleming listed on yachtworld in the USA. All used Flemings outside the USA show up. The only ones that show up on Yachtworld in the USA are the New builds not the Used ones.

Thanks

Cheers.

H.
Old 09-08-2019, 03:16 PM   #35
Guru

City: Qualicum Beach, Vancouver Island
Vessel Name: Capricorn
Vessel Model: Mariner 30 - Sedan Cruiser 1969
Using yachtworld in BC, I get some around the world but also one in Seattle and Edgewater MD. But at the top, the listing of those around the world shows only "1" for the States.

My bad, the one in MD is new.
rsn48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 04:06 PM   #36

City: Georgia
Vessel Model: Grand Banks 41EU
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfoster View Post
I am wondering if any of you are having this issue on yachtworld?

When I search for used Fleming yachts in the USA on yachtworld the search comes up zero. I know this is incorrect. There are 12 used Flemings for sale in the USA. However if I search worldwide for used Flemings, they do come up in Europe. The only Flemings that show up in the USA are the new builds.

I have tried searching for used Flemings on six different pc’s and I-phones as well as 6 different networks. So I know this is not an issue with my pc.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Cheers

H.

Funny. I noticed the same thing last night. Might just be a feed issue but very odd that both Burr and Hovey would have the same issue.
mcboatface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 12:52 PM   #37
Guru

City: Melbourne, FL
About 4-5 Flemings showed up as sold a couple of weeks before Dorian... A Banner week for Fleming!
stubones99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 01:08 PM   #38
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubones99 View Post
About 4-5 Flemings showed up as sold a couple of weeks before Dorian... A Banner week for Fleming!
You are right. I know two of them that were sold were F-65s. I want to look at them and throw an offer on eirther one of them, but they were under contract.

I believe two F-55 sold in that time as well. Flemings do not last long on the market. That is why I keep watching them.

Thanks for the input Stubones.

Cheers.

H.
Old 11-30-2019, 03:42 PM   #39

City: Chester
Fleming not on Yachtworld

I was told by a boker that Burr Yacht sales was not playing by the rules, never entering sold data and would not co-broke with any other brokers. This was frustrating other brokers because without sold data it was tough for anyone other than Burr to give a seller comps and allowed them to control the market. Maybe Yachtworld is punishing them? I know part of Realtors obligation using the MLS is to accurately enter sold data. Obviously in Real Estate it is easier to verify as sales are public record.
Zephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 05:01 PM   #40

City: Out and About
Vessel Model: Sold-GB 52 Europa, Queenship 59, Tolly 45
There are now three new Flemings in Sidney, BC. The 65 and 55 have been there for a year and a new 58 just joined them. Does the US now collect tariffs on new boats from China? That could explain why they are there. Anyway, they are not selling where they are. If you are looking for one, they might make you a good deal.
gsholz is offline   Reply With Quote