The First 5,500 nm on Dauntless

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wxx3

Dauntless Award
Vessel Name
Dauntless
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogen 42 - 148
An update on my travels.

Dauntless is patiently waiting for my imminent return in Nassau, the Bahamas (I have to specify, because I have some supposedly smart friends here in NY, who think I am referring to Nassau County.:facepalm: Thank god the boat is not in Jamaica, as then everyone here would ask why my boat is at JFK airport {the only thing they know in Jamaica Queens:banghead:])

Once back in the Bahamas next week, I’ll be coming back to the Miami area in a few weeks, then moving up to Ft. Pierce for the month of March. Some work needs to be done, like installing flopper stoppers, a water maker and a diesel heater, before I return north (Providence, RI) in April/May.

I’m also starting a Blog:dance:

DauntlessAtSea | Voyages of a Kadey Krogen 42

One of my goals has been to write about my trials and travails in a systematic way. I also want a place to post some of the pictures I have or will take.

I’m been back in NY since New Year’s and have taken this opportunity to get this show on the road.

I also just finished organizing the 4,000 pictures I have taken since March and I will start posting the good ones in the next weeks.

As time goes on, I will figure out how to easily add links.

So here is a summary of our first 10 months:
• Travelled over 5,500 nm = 6250 statute miles = 10,000 km :dance:
• 930 hours of running time
• Furthest North point reached, St. John’s, New Brunswick, 45°17’N, 66°03’W
• Furthest West, on the Cumberland River, 30°53.1’N, 81°30.9W
• Furthest South, Norman’s Cay, Exumas, the Bahamas, 24°35.5’N, 76°47.6’W
• Furthest East, Cape Sable, Nova Scotia, 43°25.3’N, 65°40.6’W
• Longest passage (without stopping) 230 nm from north of Block Island RI to Cape May NJ

I've also been really pleased with Dauntless, She has lived up to her name.
She has been as efficient as hoped and anticipated, with an average of:

• 1.5 gal/hr. :D
• 4.2 nautical miles/gal
• Genny uses about 1.1 gal/hr.

Richard in NYC for now

Richard

Grate post. Be looking forward to hearing more and seeing the Blog + Pics. Keep me updated if you would.

Thanks and happy cruising.

H.Foster

Richard: I will certainly keep tabs on your blog. I love reading the cruise stories. Sounds like you found yourself a wonderful boat in Dauntless. All the best going forward, Pete

Back
Top Bottom