Find My Boat - $5,000 REWARD!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll spend $600K on a boat but only $5K (00.8%) as a finder's fee? I wish you well.

I am thinking time to renegotiate the fee

The boat is worth, maybe, up to one dollar if one is creative/mechanical/electronic/hard-working. And after spending a half million to refit the boat, you'll lose 75% on resale.

Last edited:
Last edited:

The first one is a project boat. Pretty cool boat, but needs lots of work and a bit too big.

The 2nd is also too big and too shippy.

The 3rd I love (of course), but again the size would be insane for me.

I haven't seen any of these before though, thanks for helping! Let me know if you spot anything else :)

$5,000 is more than fair for an NON licensed person to supply information leading to a purchase. The lady has been looking for quite awhile.

$5,000 is more than fair for an NON licensed person to supply information leading to a purchase. The lady has been looking for quite awhile.

Depends on how much you value your time...and her...her time...:thumb:

Last edited:
Canal Boat

Hi GalaxyGirl,
I'd really like to hear your comments on such a vessel as these Euro canal boats.

To me its seems it would make a great liveaboard for your family, And I suspect you might have a resale market for it in this country once you finish with it as there are so few here.

...a few canal boat threads

http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s30/living-aboard-french-canal-boat-7685.html

Dutch Euro Barges, None in North America? - Page 3 - Boat Design Forums

Dutch Barge long distance cruisers - Boat Design Forums

Somehow the direct link to these 2 specific designs is not available,...rather you have to go to their website and scroll along the left side of the page until you see one of these two drawings, then click on them....

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Luxe motor 2000 deksalon[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Luxe Motor 2000 deksalon 2[/FONT]
Euroship Services, computer en snijservice voor de scheeps- en jachtbouw

Attachments

• deksalonsite1.jpg
    deksalonsite1.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 150
  • deksalonsite3.jpg
    deksalonsite3.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 143
  • deksalonsite4.jpg
    deksalonsite4.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 149
  • deks-nw-15.jpg
    deks-nw-15.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 179
  • dutch barge dksl-48, ps.jpg
    dutch barge dksl-48, ps.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 207
  • dutch barge dksl-37.jpg
    dutch barge dksl-37.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 173
  • dutch barge dksl-38.jpg
    dutch barge dksl-38.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 168
  • dutch barge dksl-39.jpg
    dutch barge dksl-39.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 172
  • dutch barge dksl-35.jpg
    dutch barge dksl-35.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 184
  • dutch barge dksl-36.jpg
    dutch barge dksl-36.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
You need to start looking more north for the size and kind of boat you are looking for. Also start looking at bigger boats sites/magazines. I hate to say it but Trawler Forum and Cruise & Sail are 95%/mostly small boats. :hide: Once you get above 60+ ft you are in a different size/class of boat.

You are sort of between small pleasure boat and larger/mega yachts. There is a lot of boats advertized and brokers that do not list on yacht world. Most of the boat will be big and over your budgets. In the larger mega yachts you are consider the low end and in the small pleasure boat you are considered the upper end. Common names are Alaskan, Grand Alaska, Broward, Berger, Ocean Alexander, Choy lee, Hatteras, Northern Marine, Nordhavn, West marine, Pacific Marine, Delta, Viking, Sonship, to mention a few.

For what it’s worth my wife favorite boat is the 65 ft Pacific Marine and used boats are starting to come down into your price range. Several years ago she almost bought one! :eek: Aim a little higher and become familiar with the names. My favorite is the Northern Marine and Delta and some of the older ones are also coming down into you price range. :flowers:

62' Powercat
You would be surprised at the amount of room availabe on a catamaran.

A good friend of mine ownes this, and several weeks ago said he might be considering selling her as he has moved ashore into a house. I'd like to be able to afford it, but its beyond my means.

See some pictures here
YachtForums.Com - View Single Post - New to Yachting; 13 Million to spend -
YachtForums.Com - View Single Post - New to Yachting; 13 Million to spend -

Brian

PS: Don't be confused by the title (and dollars) of that subject thread. This cat is within your price range. And its upkeep will be FAR less than you might be spending on some other big boats you have been considering.

Last edited:
55-70 foot "first boat"? I hope they plan to have crew.

55-70 foot "first boat"? I hope they plan to have crew.

Yup Yup Yup!

I don't know of an insuring company (a legitimate marine insurer) that will not require a full time skipper for at least the first year.

Greetings,
From the dregs of my recollection, Ms. GG (who seems to have done her homework) has taken all of the above into consideration (crew/capt. etc.). I suspect the only thing holding her and her brood back is the right boat. Hence a $5K "reward" to re-stimulate interest and it appears to be working quite well. Best of success Ms. GG.

Apologies for the hijack GG.

Yup Yup Yup!

I don't know of an insuring company (a legitimate marine insurer) that will not require a full time skipper for at least the first year.

I've always wanted to ask seeing as how I have as much experience with 70' boats as GG currently does.

Is that full time skipper requirement only when leaving the dock? Or full time for one calendar year regardless of your travel plans?

If I had $600K to buy a boat I'd be boating in a week!

Craig, the skipper requirement does vary per the situation. In your case, as you're not a full time owner, the skipper requirement would be more of a training requirement- that is, no solo operations would be permitted until either a mandatory number of hours of training were completed, or until the training skipper signed you off as competent to operate the vessel.

As GG is a first time boat owner, the skipper requirement would be for anytime the vessel left port. Since they live aboard, the skipper wound re required only when leaving port. It's assumed that any time the vessel is underway, it would also be a training evolution; in time the skipper requirement could be removed and they could solo navigate the vessel.

GG - Here are a few I found in the Pacific NW. If you've already seen any of these on YachtWorld, sorry. Found them on other sites...

First one has a thread about her on this forum ( http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/...ard-diesel-twin-screw-trawler-sale-10093.html ). A very unique and stout vessel. She's only 49', but might suffice if you convert the foc'sle back to a berth area. That would give her 3 staterooms: 49ft Unique Long Range Liveaboard Trawler

This 59' Gulf Commander has a thick fiberglass hull with fiberglass sheathed wood topsides. Been boathouse kept in BC, Canada by what appears to be caring and financially able owners. Has 1,400 gal fuel capacity, but not sure how that equates to overall range: PF4118 - Lady Laura I Details - Pacific Boat Brokers Inc.

Converted sieners are fairly popular around here. This one is unique but looks like she'd make a very comfortable liveaboard for your clan. Only 800 gal fuel capacity, though that could be expanded: PS3831 - Lasqueti Star Details - Pacific Boat Brokers Inc.

Here's a 4-stateroom "motoryacht" with range (2,500 US gal fuel capacity). Though with twin DD 671s, not quite as fuel efficient as you might like. But given the asking price, perhaps a re-power with newer more efficient engines might make her perfect: Trade our 60' yacht for your home or income property

This one we almost looked at during our search due to her design and pedigree (William Garden is my favorite designer!). But for us she was the opposite of what you're looking for as we wanted to stay under 50'. She has an interesting history and from what knowledgeable people have told me needs A LOT of work, but she's a diamond in the rough. She's also wood which is not on your list of hull materials, but is built very stoutly. Could be a gorgeous go-anywhere vessel with a refit in the $200,000 range: CLASSIC 1958 67' Trawler "Garden" by Vic Franck

If I find anymore I'll post them here. Good luck!

- Darren

Thank you. Sounds perfectly reasonable. Great to hear it from the horses mouth so to speak.

Had it been full time employment for one calendar year, in my case at least, it woulda turned a $600k boat into a $500k boat in a hurry.

What we did is get a listing of the Washington state brokers and when to called/visit them. All brokers have to be registered with in their state. Here is a listing of all the new England brokers that you can go through. http://marinesource.com/brokers/brokerinfo/new_england_list.cfm Not all boats for sale are on yacht world unless the owner want to pay for it, so there are a lot of boats not listed. So do a search of brokers by state.

Not that I expect to be the recipient of the $5K, but to respond to earlier posts I would assume that the $5K is in addition to any brokerage fees paid by the seller.
Secondly, I hope GG is planning on attending the Newport boat show next week. They do have some brokerage vessels as well as lots of other good stuff!!
Personally, I hope to have sold my boat by then, fingers crossed!!

GG, sorry you are not having good luck! I feel your frustration.

GG - Here are a few I found in the Pacific NW. If you've already seen any of these on YachtWorld, sorry. Found them on other sites...

First one has a thread about her on this forum ( http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/...ard-diesel-twin-screw-trawler-sale-10093.html ). A very unique and stout vessel. She's only 49', but might suffice if you convert the foc'sle back to a berth area. That would give her 3 staterooms: 49ft Unique Long Range Liveaboard Trawler

This I have seen, and it must be a good one because 2 others have pointed it out as well :) It would make a nice weekender for my clan, but not full time liveaboard.

This 59' Gulf Commander has a thick fiberglass hull with fiberglass sheathed wood topsides. Been boathouse kept in BC, Canada by what appears to be caring and financially able owners. Has 1,400 gal fuel capacity, but not sure how that equates to overall range: PF4118 - Lady Laura I Details - Pacific Boat Brokers Inc.

This one looks decent, but not enough staterooms. Many, many great boats have been eliminated because of only 3 states.

Converted sieners are fairly popular around here. This one is unique but looks like she'd make a very comfortable liveaboard for your clan. Only 800 gal fuel capacity, though that could be expanded: PS3831 - Lasqueti Star Details - Pacific Boat Brokers Inc.

This one is interesting. I hate all the blue formica, but it seems to have plenty of sleeping berths despite the size. The engine room makes me very nervous. Not sure if it's the case, but things look fairly rusty and worn in there.

Here's a 4-stateroom "motoryacht" with range (2,500 US gal fuel capacity). Though with twin DD 671s, not quite as fuel efficient as you might like. But given the asking price, perhaps a re-power with newer more efficient engines might make her perfect: Trade our 60' yacht for your home or income property

I e-mailed the owner for photos.

This one we almost looked at during our search due to her design and pedigree (William Garden is my favorite designer!). But for us she was the opposite of what you're looking for as we wanted to stay under 50'. She has an interesting history and from what knowledgeable people have told me needs A LOT of work, but she's a diamond in the rough. She's also wood which is not on your list of hull materials, but is built very stoutly. Could be a gorgeous go-anywhere vessel with a refit in the $200,000 range: CLASSIC 1958 67' Trawler "Garden" by Vic Franck

This one is the best. Looks similar to another that I saw somewhere. I really like the design. Nervous about refit, but I'm going to e-mail them for more info and photos. I'll keep you posted.

If I find anymore I'll post them here. Good luck!

- Darren

Thanks Darren for posting all of these.

Not that I expect to be the recipient of the $5K, but to respond to earlier posts I would assume that the $5K is in addition to any brokerage fees paid by the seller.
Secondly, I hope GG is planning on attending the Newport boat show next week. They do have some brokerage vessels as well as lots of other good stuff!!
Personally, I hope to have sold my boat by then, fingers crossed!!

A broker fee paid by seller would only apply if you are a broker and want to co-broke the listing, and if that is the case, then yes it would absolutely be in addition.

Yes, I am planning on attending the Newport Show. Looking forward to it, and, it's just up the road from here :)

Hi GalaxyGirl,
I'd really like to hear your comments on such a vessel as these Euro canal boats.

To me its seems it would make a great liveaboard for your family, And I suspect you might have a resale market for it in this country once you finish with it as there are so few here.

...a few canal boat threads

http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s30/living-aboard-french-canal-boat-7685.html

Dutch Euro Barges, None in North America? - Page 3 - Boat Design Forums

Dutch Barge long distance cruisers - Boat Design Forums

Somehow the direct link to these 2 specific designs is not available,...rather you have to go to their website and scroll along the left side of the page until you see one of these two drawings, then click on them....

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Luxe motor 2000 deksalon[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Luxe Motor 2000 deksalon 2[/FONT]
Euroship Services, computer en snijservice voor de scheeps- en jachtbouw

Brian, I think these are similar to what RTF posted. They are very nice boats, but don't have the space I need. I'm also not a fan of the helm being integrated with the salon. Thanks for pointing them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom