Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-02-2013, 06:18 AM   #201
FF
Guru
 
FF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 16,531
Very useful to her to run her blog.

Whats a blog?
__________________
Advertisement

FF is offline  
Old 12-02-2013, 07:06 AM   #202
Guru
 
hfoster's Avatar
 
City: Cleveland
Country: USA
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 515
A post from G.G. on a different site.

"I haven't purchased yet. But, I have decided on a boat, (pending inspections, of course). My house sale fell apart a few days before closing. (Buyer lied to the bank, and they found out ) But, I have a new buyer and new anticipated close date at the end of January (fingers crossed xxxxx) Moving the boat up in Spring would be ideal, but I am just not that patient."


She also said that the vessel is on the eastcoast and needs to be moved to Boston.

For all of you that have posted vessels for her to look at, I would watch to see which vessel she buys if one of you or any of you posted the vessel I would be asking for the 5k she offered.

In her post. (Find my boat $5,000.00 reward) she did not place any disclaimer on time or when the reward would end. So the 5k reward is endless

So for all of you that posted vessels watch out to see if the vessel she buys was one you posted, so you can get your $5,000 reward!

Happy cruising to all

H. Foster
__________________

hfoster is offline  
Old 12-02-2013, 07:37 AM   #203
Guru
 
Tom.B's Avatar
 
City: Cary, NC
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Skinny Dippin'
Vessel Model: Navigator 4200 Classic
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 5,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfoster View Post
So for all of you that posted vessels watch out to see if the vessel she buys was one you posted, so you can get your $5,000 reward!
HA! Good luck with that! She won't even post her real name. Do you think you have chance one of getting $5000 from a suggestion made on an interweb forum from a complete stranger?
__________________
2000 Navigator 4200 Classic
(NOT a trawler)
Tom.B is offline  
Old 12-02-2013, 07:46 AM   #204
Guru
 
Moonstruck's Avatar
 
City: Hailing Port: Charleston, SC
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Moonstruck
Vessel Model: Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfoster View Post
A post from G.G. on a different site.

"I haven't purchased yet. But, I have decided on a boat, (pending inspections, of course). My house sale fell apart a few days before closing. (Buyer lied to the bank, and they found out ) But, I have a new buyer and new anticipated close date at the end of January (fingers crossed xxxxx) Moving the boat up in Spring would be ideal, but I am just not that patient."


She also said that the vessel is on the eastcoast and needs to be moved to Boston.

For all of you that have posted vessels for her to look at, I would watch to see which vessel she buys if one of you or any of you posted the vessel I would be asking for the 5k she offered.

In her post. (Find my boat $5,000.00 reward) she did not place any disclaimer on time or when the reward would end. So the 5k reward is endless

So for all of you that posted vessels watch out to see if the vessel she buys was one you posted, so you can get your $5,000 reward!

Happy cruising to all

H. Foster
As a public service, I'll act as intermediary. So, you guys that suggested boats please forward your bank account numbers to deposit your check. To insure privacy use private mail for this. Can't be too careful.
__________________
Don on Moonstruck
Sabre 42 Hardtop Express & Blackfin 25 CC
When cruising life is simpler, but on a grander scale (author unknown)
http://moonstruckblog.wordpress.com/
Moonstruck is offline  
Old 12-02-2013, 07:48 AM   #205
Guru
 
hfoster's Avatar
 
City: Cleveland
Country: USA
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 515
Tom.

I didn't post any vessels so I am not to worried about myself.

But however, she can be found by some lawyer just by tracking her IP address as well has looking into her web site my friend. So Yes. If some one wanted to track her down it is really easy. The net is not that safe my friend!


Happy cruising to all.
hfoster is offline  
Old 12-02-2013, 08:25 AM   #206
Guru
 
healhustler's Avatar
 
City: Longboat Key, FL
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Bucky
Vessel Model: Krogen Manatee 36 North Sea
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,181
HA! What Tom said above. Besides, I suggested Tom's, Eric's, Mike's, Steve's, Walt's, John's, Rick's, Bob's, Bill's, Don's and Phil's boat. They're all still here.

I'm going to send a PM now listing Yachtworld, Boats.com, Boat Trader, and a couple of others saying: "How about one of these".
__________________
Larry

"I'd rather be happy than dignified".
healhustler is online now  
Old 12-02-2013, 08:32 AM   #207
Dauntless Award
 
Wxx3's Avatar
 
City: New York, NY
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Dauntless
Vessel Model: Kadey Krogen 42 - 148
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom.B View Post
HA! Good luck with that! She won't even post her real name. Do you think you have chance one of getting $5000 from a suggestion made on an interweb forum from a complete stranger?
Or even the actual boat
__________________
M/Y Dauntless, New York
a Kadey Krogen 42 Currently https://share.delorme.com/dauntless
Blog: https://dauntlessatsea.com
Find us: https://share.delorme.com/dauntless
Wxx3 is offline  
Old 12-02-2013, 08:42 AM   #208
Guru
 
hfoster's Avatar
 
City: Cleveland
Country: USA
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonstruck View Post
As a public service, I'll act as intermediary. So, you guys that suggested boats please forward your bank account numbers to deposit your check. To insure privacy use private mail for this. Can't be too careful.

What's your going fee for that?????


Happy cruising.

H. Foster
hfoster is offline  
Old 12-02-2013, 08:56 AM   #209
Guru
 
City: somewhere
Country: USA
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF View Post
Very useful to her to run her blog.

Whats a blog?
A content management system that allows the user to post their own writing such as WordPress.
__________________
Life is a Beach
beachbum29 is offline  
Old 12-02-2013, 09:16 AM   #210
123
Member
 
City: ---
Country: ---
Vessel Name: ---
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfoster View Post
Tom.

I didn't post any vessels so I am not to worried about myself.

But however, she can be found by some lawyer just by tracking her IP address as well has looking into her web site my friend. So Yes. If some one wanted to track her down it is really easy. The net is not that safe my friend!


Happy cruising to all.
Bet she uses the "Tor Browser"..
123 is offline  
Old 12-02-2013, 11:21 AM   #211
Guru
 
Phil Fill's Avatar
 
City: Everett Wa
Country: US
Vessel Name: Eagle
Vessel Model: Roughwater 58 pilot house
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,919
She still has not sold her house, but has another offer and has her eye on a couple on the East Coast. I donít think she will post here again as too many were ill mannered and non supportive. If I were her I would not! I think she will buy a boat when her house sells. Took us 2+ years to buy find and buy the Eagle.
Phil Fill is offline  
Old 12-02-2013, 01:55 PM   #212
Guru
 
Edelweiss's Avatar
 
City: PNW
Country: USA
Vessel Model: 1976 Californian Tricabin LRC
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiziger View Post
Bet she uses the "Tor Browser"..
You ever go into Haggan, Starbucks, McDonalds or Home Depot, etc. and see the people using the free WiFi to entertain themselves?? They're called Internet trolls who sets up their tablet / laptop /Iphone in the coffee shop every morning. Offers free internet and anonymous access. That's my guess
__________________
Larry B
Careful . . .I Have a Generator and I'm not afraid to use it !
Edelweiss is offline  
Old 12-02-2013, 02:24 PM   #213
Guru
 
Tom.B's Avatar
 
City: Cary, NC
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Skinny Dippin'
Vessel Model: Navigator 4200 Classic
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 5,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Fill View Post
I donít think she will post here again as too many were ill mannered and non supportive. If I were her I would not!
I think she was treated FAR WORSE over at Cruiser's Forum by FAR MORE people than the few here.
__________________
2000 Navigator 4200 Classic
(NOT a trawler)
Tom.B is offline  
Old 12-02-2013, 04:33 PM   #214
Member
 
City: Itaipava RJ
Country: Brazil
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 19
Oh ffs, all of us on here are intelligent well succeeded people in life. Let's just agree this is not not the way we would look for and go about buying our first boat. Maybe, just maybe this thread will then find it's rightful end.
__________________
Another Dutchman living in Brazil.
Erik C is offline  
Old 12-02-2013, 04:49 PM   #215
Guru
 
windmill29130's Avatar
 
City: Little River SC
Vessel Name: JAZ
Vessel Model: Ta Chaio/CT35
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 716
Read post #69
windmill29130 is offline  
Old 12-02-2013, 05:06 PM   #216
Guru
 
BruceK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 7,573
So, is it confirmed ok to restore " And a Boat" to the blog header?
__________________
BruceK
Island Gypsy 36 Europa "Doriana"
Sydney Australia
BruceK is offline  
Old 12-02-2013, 05:09 PM   #217
Guru
 
City: somewhere
Country: USA
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by windmill29130 View Post
Read post #69
Please quote the post, it's not numbered on the app.
__________________
Life is a Beach
beachbum29 is offline  
Old 12-02-2013, 05:15 PM   #218
Guru
 
N4712's Avatar
 
City: South FL
Country: U.S.A
Vessel Name: Oliver
Vessel Model: Nordhavn 47 Hull# 12
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbum29 View Post
Please quote the post, it's not numbered on the app.
Was just about to say that.
__________________
Thanks, Oliver
M/V Oliver
Nordhavn 47 Hull #12
N4712 is offline  
Old 12-02-2013, 05:37 PM   #219
Enigma
 
RT Firefly's Avatar
 
City: Slicker?
Country: Bumpkin?
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,996
Greetings,
Post #69 basically says we've been hoodwinked.
__________________
RTF
RT Firefly is online now  
Old 12-03-2013, 11:21 AM   #220
Senior Member
 
City: Tampa, FL
Country: USA
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom.B View Post
I think she was treated FAR WORSE over at Cruiser's Forum by FAR MORE people than the few here.
Given the questions she asked, and how she asked them, I don't think she was treated all that badly. She got some pretty blunt, and honest, answers. She got a couple of people who laughed at her and thought she was crazy. Is there anyone who has EVER lived on board a boat who didn't have a few people laugh at them and call them crazy?

If she can't handle that sort of criticism from a bunch of strangers on a public internet forum, then she surely won't be able to handle the reality of her "plan."

I wish her the best of luck. I really do. But I do not believe that she was treated badly.
__________________

denverd0n is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2006 - 2012