FB Electronics Covers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

menzies

Guru
Vessel Name
SONAS
Vessel Make
Grand Alaskan 53
I have just replaced my Garmin with the new 8610. It does have the sun cover, but I want to get a waterproof canvas "bag" with pull-string to cover it and the existing radar screen as well.

My electronics guy recommended a NavPod, but since the chartplotter sits in front of the radar screen I don't want top block any of that with the bigger NavPod.

Has anyone come across a source for these canvas covers. I have Googled and will continue to. All I can find in vinyl one with clear fronts and elastic at the bottom, which don't look like they will last very long. Otherwise I will have to have my canvas guy custom make them.

Last edited:
I have made them out of Sunbrella in the past. My new Raymarine came with covers.

Attachments

• Custom Helm Cover and Carpet.jpg
    Custom Helm Cover and Carpet.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 30
Yeah, my helm has a full cover, but the two screens are off to the side.

Find the canvas guy the commercial fishermen use. I have my FB Garmin in a Navpod that is covered, for want of a better word, in a Sunbrella drawstring sack. Know you don't want the Navpod, but same idea. The drawstring (same as the drawstring on a hiker's stuff sack) has stayed secure through some serious weather and is easy on, easy off. Lasted 7-8 years and still in good shape. Don't remember exactly cost, but do remember it was pretty cheap - like $40-50.

Back
Top Bottom