Exhaust deflector

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cyclone

Vessel Name
Therapi
Vessel Make
1998 Bayliner 4087
Greeting. Pull my BayLiner 4087 today and was placed beside a 3587. I took note of the exhaust cup. Anyone know a source. Thanks D1A8D583-2E81-42A4-9FA3-FCF94F76D5CC.jpg

I googled “fiberglass clamshell vent cover”. While it didn’t come up with any fiberglass ones, it did find some plastic and PVC ones.

This one is fiberglass and probably out of your price range. It covers my 4" dryer exhaust. Custom made by Sean my glass and paint guy, out of a piece of 5" fiberglass exhaust pipe and a little bit of labor. :rolleyes: Sometimes it's better not knowing what something cost to fabricate, but it sure looks sharp! :thumb:

DSCN1540.jpg

Ted

Thanks all for the reply. Met the owner of the 3587 and found out that the boat was gas propelled. It appears that BayLiner equipped gas fueled vessels with this device. They offered the diesel boats a option of a 6” dia straight outlet. I found a bronze exhaust vent at 7” size the source being NZ. The one on the 3587 is 8.5” x9.25 with a 7.5” mouth with a 5” ID and 5.5” OD However this device will reduce the station wagon affect by forcing the exhaust flow into the chine stream.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom