End of the Rainbow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boydster

Vessel Name
Change of Heart
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 42
No pot o' gold at the end of this rainbow. There is however something that constantly and unendingly drains my pot o' gold!

My friend and fellow yacht club member Darryl Schwanke took this pic a few days ago.
There's a bigger version on my website www.grandbanks42.com
- Boyd

Attachments

• rainbow.jpg
    rainbow.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 85
The convergence of leading lines and the depth perception make for a beautiful composition. This deserves to be printed and kept on board or in your home.

Gorgeous photo! I poked around your website and got a couple of ideas for my boat - thanks for taking the time to post them.

Nice photo! I looked at your website--very impressive craftsmanship on your projects!

That is a calendar photo for sure.

You should send it to the Trawler calendar lady for next year.

SD

Thanks all! I'm thinking seriously about putting a photo gallery on my site just to show Darryl's pictures that he's taken around our little yacht club.
Some of his winter and night shots are quite stunning.
I posted a previous shot he took of our boat that won him first place in the annual Pacific Yachting magazine photo contest, I don't think he ever even considered entering until I and a few others pushed and prodded him to do so. (That pic can be seen on the lower section of my home page)
He's a very talented, unassuming guy with a great eye; he shouldn't be hanging drywall for a living. - Boyd

Last edited:
Great shot! Great website. I can see you have access to a much better shop than most of us, and you are not afraid to dive in and get the jobs done without a lot of head scratching and second guessing. The results are excellent, except you have me looking at my work more critically now, and at what I haven't tackled yet on my own boat. Here I thought I might get some time to just relax on the boat now that I don't have the excuse of having to go back to my day job. Especially those miscellaneous jobs. Lots of ideas there. Thanks for the website.
If you are getting out of Howe Sound this summer, it would be fun to see your boat in the flesh, so please post or PM if that works for you.

Koliver, what's the old saying?..."Far from perfect, but perfect from afar!" She looks great from a distance right now but I've got more jobs 75% complete than I care to think about. Aside from the generator facelift I've kinda' been neglecting the boat as of late. I'm currently in the middle of doing renovations to a commercial space in preparation of launching a new business and it has taken every waking moment of my time and I don't see it letting up anytime soon. This may just be the year we hardly get any boating in. We're supposed to have sailpast next weekend and I don't know if I can even participate.
Definitely no big trips this summer, hopefully we can squeeze in some overnighters to Gambier, Bowen or Gibson's, hope to see you out there. - Boyd

We get to Centre Bay occasionally, so will watch out for you.

Back
Top Bottom