Old 10-03-2017, 04:55 PM   #21
Guru

City: AR
No light went on..you just have to know where to put the loop. The attached photo happens to be a vented loop, only needed if the toilet will flush directly overboard...a plain loop will work when going only into the tank. It can be hidden if desired.

Have a nice day, rufus.
Attached Images

HeadMistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 05:36 PM   #22
Guru

City: Great Lakes
Vessel Model: OA 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadMistress View Post
No light went on..you just have to know where to put the loop. The attached photo happens to be a vented loop, only needed if the toilet will flush directly overboard...a plain loop will work when going only into the tank. It can be hidden if desired.

Have a nice day, rufus.
Holy crap...what an abomination. The photo obviously doesn't address piping to a tank. I guess a sewer line leaving that loop, crossing in front of the vanity mirror, then through a couple of holes punched through the shower and down the front wall of the stateroom would do it. Not on my boat...

Show us one of a sail boat plumbed to the tank and done to yacht standards.

Having a great day, thanks.
Rufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 07:03 PM   #23
Guru

City: Philadelphia, PA
Vessel Name: Revel
Vessel Model: 1984 Fu Hwa 39
Rufus, here's a vented loop that's accessible and at the same time completely concealed on our sailboat. I disassembled the head cabinetry, redid all the hoses and electrical work, relocated the heating ductwork, reworked the head cabinetry to accommodate the work, rebuilt the head base, mounted the Raritan PhII opposite hand to center it neatly. It is possible. I did not want it or any other hoses visible.

I did much the same work on our trawler. Easier since there is no need for a loop; tank's below the head and there's no connection to the sea.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0299.jpg   IMG_0301.jpg   IMG_0424.jpg   IMG_0313.jpg  
DHeckrotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 07:51 PM   #24
Guru

City: Great Lakes
Vessel Model: OA 440
Outrageous! And next to impossible for the average Joe.

I managed to squeeze it all within the existing cabinetry in the front head (tank lower than the head). For the rear, the tank is under the aft cockpit and higher than the head. The loop is positioned behind the adjacent cabinet. The downhill PVC pipe from the loop runs under the sink, behind/under the shower seat, and continues through the aft cabin behind the typical bank of drawers. It comes out under the cockpit floor, makes a 90 degree turn and dumps into the holding tank on the opposite side. A bear, but nothing like what you did on that sail boat.
Rufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 11:12 PM   #25

City: La Conner, WA
Vessel Name: Agnus Dei
Vessel Model: 36' Shin Shing
We're splitting hairs here folks. All good input, arguments aside. Thank you both for the good insight and technical know-how!

Dave