Old 11-11-2017, 09:49 PM   #101
Guru

City: New Orleans
Vessel Name: Scot Free
Vessel Model: Cheoy Lee 53' Efficient
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benthic2 View Post
Yes...2016 was a tough year for EOM...they "only" made 7.8 Billion dollars compared to the 16.2 Billion they made in 2015.

I am sure the CEO, Darren Woods was deeply affected by the decline, as his 2016 compensation was over $16 Million dollars.

I can just imagine the Woods family sitting around the fireplace trying to stay warm, eating baloney sandwhiches and ramon noodle soup.

Well, it's a publicly traded company. If you like solid returns on an investment then EOM is a good pick. I don't make as much as the EOM CEO but I have held its stock for over 20 years and been paid a dividend every year and it's stock has continually increased in value. There are many like me who rely on the large companies to be well managed so I don't lose my retirement income. Exxon fits that bill.
McGillicuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 12:16 AM   #102
Guru

City: Boston Area
I also own the stock and have been happy with its performance. I brought up EOM because the discussion was on subsidies and some had expressed a blanket opposition to them as beiing a waste. I had taken the position that they can be useful in "priming the pump" so to speak to get a company or an industry going, but thought that in EOM's case they weren't necessary as evidenced by their being so profitable. The shot at the CEO was a tongue in cheek reply to BandB pointing out they had a tough year.
Benthic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 01:51 AM   #103
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benthic2 View Post
The shot at the CEO was a tongue in cheek reply to BandB pointing out they had a tough year.
I didn't describe the year as tough, just down and not the kind of return they're use to.

And for the record, I strongly oppose the compensation plans of the CEO's and other executives of companies that size and tying so much to stock performance certainly encourages manipulation and short term decisions rather than long term.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 09:56 PM   #104

City: Knoxville
Vessel Name: Pura Vida
Vessel Model: 08 Meridian 490 Pilothouse
One for sale Solar Powered Sailboat (25' Cruiser) - $5800

https://nashville.craigslist.org/boa...345242158.html
Pura Vida is offline   Reply With Quote