Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-12-2015, 06:51 PM   #1
Member
 
City: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 5
Eagle Pilothouse

We're about to purchase our first trawler and this weekend we're checking out an Eagle Pilothouse 53. I can't find out much about these boats on-line. Does anyone know anything about them?
__________________
Advertisement

Three Sheets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 07:15 PM   #2
Guru
 
O C Diver's Avatar
 
City: Fort Myers, FL... Summers in Crisfield, MD
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Slow Hand
Vessel Model: Cherubini Independence 45
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,813
Welcome to the forum! What year is it? Eagles were built by more than one manufacturer.

Ted
__________________

__________________
Blog: mvslowhand.com
I'm tired of fast moves, I've got a slow groove, on my mind.....
I want to spend some time, Not come and go in a heated rush.....
"Slow Hand" by The Pointer Sisters
O C Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 07:19 PM   #3
Member
 
City: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 5
it's a 2002.
Three Sheets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 07:20 PM   #4
Enigma
 
RT Firefly's Avatar
 
City: Slicker?
Country: Bumpkin?
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,995
Greetings,
Welcome aboard.
__________________
RTF
RT Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 08:29 PM   #5
Guru
 
healhustler's Avatar
 
City: Longboat Key, FL
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Bucky
Vessel Model: Krogen Manatee 36 North Sea
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,178
Welcome to the Forum. Wow....an Eagle 53 is a pretty awesome boat as your first trawler style yacht.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	eagle_trawlers_53.jpg
Views:	920
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	41066  
__________________
Larry

"I'd rather be happy than dignified".
healhustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 08:44 PM   #6
Guru
 
Nomad Willy's Avatar
 
City: Concrete Washington State
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Willy
Vessel Model: Willard Nomad 30'
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 13,707
Even I like it!
__________________
Eric

North Western Washington State USA
Nomad Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 08:57 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Old deckhand's Avatar
 
City: Sitka
Country: Same
Vessel Model: Transpacific Marine Eagle 32
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 497
Did someone say Eagle? Love them!
Old deckhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 10:56 PM   #8
Guru
 
Giggitoni's Avatar
 
City: Vallejo, California
Country: United States
Vessel Name: Mahalo Moi
Vessel Model: 1986 Grand Banks 42 Classic
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,532
We don't hear from him much lately, but doesn't "Phil/Fill" have an Eagle?
__________________
Ray
"Mahalo Moi"
1986 GB-42 Classic
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
Giggitoni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 01:24 AM   #9
Guru
 
Conrad's Avatar
 
City: Calgary
Country: Canada
Vessel Name: Blue Sky
Vessel Model: Nordic Tugs 42 Hull #001
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggitoni View Post
We don't hear from him much lately, but doesn't "Phil/Fill" have an Eagle?
I think his is a Roughwater 58. It may be named "Eagle".
Conrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 01:33 AM   #10
Guru
 
City: Hotel, CA
Country: Fried
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 8,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
I think his is a Roughwater 58. It may be named "Eagle".

I think Conrad is correct.

Where the heck has Phil/Fill been? Last I heard from him he was on a road trip down my way. I got confused over which RV park he was at so we missed meeting but that was like a year or so ago. Hope he's ok.
__________________
Craig

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they've been fooled - Mark Twain
CPseudonym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 01:49 AM   #11
Guru
 
Giggitoni's Avatar
 
City: Vallejo, California
Country: United States
Vessel Name: Mahalo Moi
Vessel Model: 1986 Grand Banks 42 Classic
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,532
Thanks for the correction.

That's right, Craig. He was going to check out the Bay Area and Delta. Hope he's ok, too. Phil???
__________________
Ray
"Mahalo Moi"
1986 GB-42 Classic
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
Giggitoni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 02:47 AM   #12
Member
 
MikeP's Avatar
 
City: Seattle, WA
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Event Horizon
Vessel Model: 2002 TransPacific Marine Eagle 53 Pilothouse
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 20
In Reply on an Eagle 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Sheets View Post
We're about to purchase our first trawler and this weekend we're checking out an Eagle Pilothouse 53. I can't find out much about these boats on-line. Does anyone know anything about them?
Timely! We just finished two days of inspections, survey, and a final sea trial on a 2002 Transpacific Marine Eagle 53, same boat you're apparently considering. Boat surveyed clean, surveyor said it has been a while since he'd seen a hull with zero signs of blistering, not even micros.

Both the mechanical techs and surveyor commented on the build quality of the boat. Apparently, full (non-cored) fiberglass stringers, solid glass hull to about two feet above the waterline, coring above that is honey-comb, not balsa or plywood. The boat has multiple electrical panels, arranged so that cabling and wiring could be logically grouped to reduce long runs. Virtually every fitting of any type was labelled, same for valves and high-current cables. Electrically wiring was neatly run and branched in IEC cable raceways. Most fittings and deck hardware appear to be US or European, all critical equipment, windlass, hydronic heater, water-maker, faucets also US/Euro.

We wanted to move up from our much-loved, island-cruising Tollycraft 48 Motor Yacht, to a coastal fast trawler. I couldn't find a better and better built used boat in my price range that came even close to the Eagle. Pilothouse, Portuguese bridge, wide walk-around deck, bulwark doors port and starboard, stern door, large swim platform, massive boat deck with full overhang over the decks and cockpit, tumble-home stern, twin Cummins mated to ZF transmissions and electronic controls, Kabola hydronic boiler and Torrid hot water/ever-hot tank - these are all pretty standard features, and there's a lot to like!

Best Regards,

Mike M. Paull
Seattle, WA
1984 Tolly 48 Motor Yacht - Event Horizon
MikeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 01:40 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Old deckhand's Avatar
 
City: Sitka
Country: Same
Vessel Model: Transpacific Marine Eagle 32
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 497
The Eagle 53 is made by Transpacific Marine which has been building boats since 1969. They began by building sail boats and their first power boat was the Eagle 32 designed by Ken Hankensen. They also did the tooling for KK 42.
Old deckhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 11:51 AM   #14
Guru
 
Hawgwash's Avatar
 
City: Sidney
Country: Canada
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 2,265
June 09-15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Sheets View Post
We're about to purchase our first trawler and this weekend we're checking out an Eagle Pilothouse 53.

June 29-15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Sheets View Post
My wife and I are looking at 3 boats all in the same price range.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Sheets View Post
2002 Eagle Pilothouse 53
2008 North Pacific 43
1997 Grand Banks Europa 46 with Naiad Stabalizers.
So, where did this mission end?
Hawgwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 03:08 PM   #15
Member
 
MikeP's Avatar
 
City: Seattle, WA
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Event Horizon
Vessel Model: 2002 TransPacific Marine Eagle 53 Pilothouse
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Sheets View Post
We're about to purchase our first trawler and this weekend we're checking out an Eagle Pilothouse 53. I can't find out much about these boats on-line. Does anyone know anything about them?
Trust you found the only relevant URL on these boats, if not, here it is:

TransPacific Marine Distributor Eagle Trawlers Dealer

Best,

MikeP
MikeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 03:47 PM   #16
Member
 
City: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 5
Is it the Eagle Pilothouse in Anacortes you're looking at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
Timely! We just finished two days of inspections, survey, and a final sea trial on a 2002 Transpacific Marine Eagle 53, same boat you're apparently considering. Boat surveyed clean, surveyor said it has been a while since he'd seen a hull with zero signs of blistering, not even micros.

Both the mechanical techs and surveyor commented on the build quality of the boat. Apparently, full (non-cored) fiberglass stringers, solid glass hull to about two feet above the waterline, coring above that is honey-comb, not balsa or plywood. The boat has multiple electrical panels, arranged so that cabling and wiring could be logically grouped to reduce long runs. Virtually every fitting of any type was labelled, same for valves and high-current cables. Electrically wiring was neatly run and branched in IEC cable raceways. Most fittings and deck hardware appear to be US or European, all critical equipment, windlass, hydronic heater, water-maker, faucets also US/Euro.

We wanted to move up from our much-loved, island-cruising Tollycraft 48 Motor Yacht, to a coastal fast trawler. I couldn't find a better and better built used boat in my price range that came even close to the Eagle. Pilothouse, Portuguese bridge, wide walk-around deck, bulwark doors port and starboard, stern door, large swim platform, massive boat deck with full overhang over the decks and cockpit, tumble-home stern, twin Cummins mated to ZF transmissions and electronic controls, Kabola hydronic boiler and Torrid hot water/ever-hot tank - these are all pretty standard features, and there's a lot to like!

Best Regards,

Mike M. Paull
Seattle, WA
1984 Tolly 48 Motor Yacht - Event Horizon
Three Sheets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 04:31 PM   #17
Member
 
MikeP's Avatar
 
City: Seattle, WA
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Event Horizon
Vessel Model: 2002 TransPacific Marine Eagle 53 Pilothouse
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Sheets View Post
Is it the Eagle Pilothouse in Anacortes you're looking at?
Not the boat in Anacortes. That boat is "stupendously" equipped! Made an offer on it, but (advance "notice" for you here ) the seller's counter-offer was, shall we say, almost offensive (or, he's not all that motivated to sell, just guessing here).

Best,

MikeP
MikeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 04:35 PM   #18
Member
 
City: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 5
Then it must be the one on Vancouver Island. Good for you. Bad for me. Enjoy.

Cheers
Jim
Three Sheets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 06:27 PM   #19
Member
 
MikeP's Avatar
 
City: Seattle, WA
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Event Horizon
Vessel Model: 2002 TransPacific Marine Eagle 53 Pilothouse
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Sheets View Post
Then it must be the one on Vancouver Island. Good for you. Bad for me. Enjoy.

Cheers
Jim
Hi Jim -

Broker called this morning to inform me that our offer on the Eagle 53 listed with Van Isle was accepted. Put the boat on the hard after sea trial last Fri in anticipation of such, glad it worked out! Bottom is being painted. She surveyed clean. Good luck with the Anacortes boat, it's "nicely appointed", and then some!

FYI, there is an exact sistership of ours, small world, on the same dock as our, at Shilshole, just a few slips away. Same year, also a two-stateroom layout. NW distributor is Seattle Yachts, also at Shilshole.

Best,

MikeP
MikeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 06:42 PM   #20
Guru
 
Hawgwash's Avatar
 
City: Sidney
Country: Canada
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 2,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
She surveyed clean.
I'm not surprised. You got a nice boat.
Who did the survey and mechanical?
__________________

Hawgwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2006 - 2012