DUI while at Anchor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tossing a couple of other limits out. For underage, it's .02 in most places. That's the level at which it is considered evidence one has consumed alcohol. ...

In California, over 0.01% for those under 21 years is illegal.

The BAC (blood alcohol concentration) level here for P plate drivers, ie the newly licensed, is zero. One offense, any kind, makes them liable to lose their license.

On target

I have never heard of a problem, are there any examples or is this discussion totally theoretical?

theoretical bs just like getting fined $10,000 for CG not having paper work complete

In the land of red necks, anchor down the boat is your home.

In the land of red necks, anchor down the boat is your home.

As is probably is everwhere here in the states.

We have trawlers.. if the anchor is down and the motor isnt running we are not " under control".

Just remember.. you can be sited for anything... it is the courts decision if your guilty.

Hollywood

With so many TF members throwing out the numbers for BAC in their respective regions I thought I'd include the legal limit here in Colombia, South America. The BAC limit is .02% (that's basically one beer) and the legal drinking age is 18 y/o.

I will add that Colombians, as a whole, drink more than I've ever seen people drink. Here when they go out they don't order a drink or two, they order a bottle or two or three. Surprisingly, there are very few drunk driving accidents due to fact that they know that there are always numerous sobriety check points randomly placed throughout the area on the weekends when most of the drinking happens. Another reason would be that the monetary fine for drinking and driving is 50 times the minimum monthly salary. Try that in the good ol' usa!

Last edited:
... are there any examples or is this discussion totally theoretical?
I`m not expecting anyone caught pissed as a newt (or parrot)/legless/rat arsed,etc, in charge of a boat to fess up here.

I`m not expecting anyone caught pissed as a newt (or parrot)/legless/rat arsed,etc, in charge of a boat to fess up here.

Caught.

Or

Admitting that they get that way! :D

Caught.

Or

Admitting that they get that way! :D

Well, 44% of those here drink nearly every day while cruising and 24% additional drink 2 to 3 times a week so in all probability there are a few. Regardless of where you are, if you're in a group of people, you can rest assured there are some there with alcohol problems.

25% of all people 18 or older binge drank in the last month (5 or more drinks on an occasion) and 7% engaged in heavy drinking (5 or more drinks 5 times during the month).

That said, I'm not concerned with those drinking while anchored, other than for their personal health, unless they are going to be moving the boat. I am concerned with those operating a boat. I've never heard of anyone getting a BUI while sitting anchored, moored or docked. I have known people to get arrested for public intoxication. So, while there may be points to be made, none of them have anything to do with the specific topic of this thread.

The phrase "tilting at windmills" to describe an act of attacking imaginary enemies, comes from a scene in the book, Don Quixote.

That's why I stick to beer and wine. Don't even have the hard stuff in the house or boat. So if I ever do get hooked its a beer and wine hook. I have a friend who likes Grey Goose. Every time he comes over he has to bring a Solo cup with his own booze! :)

Frankly my speed is about a can of beer an hour, anymore and I feel bloated.

Now a nice bottle of Malbec on the other hand....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom