DTOPS Decals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

menzies

Guru
Vessel Name
SONAS
Vessel Make
Grand Alaskan 53
Just received this and have renewed.

There were serious delays last year due to the shut down, not sure if they are caught up, so you may want to apply as soon as you can if you need one for next year.

---------------------------

2020 Renewals are now available!
To complete the order online use our secure online ordering system DTOPS (Decal and Transponder Online Procurement System) at https://dtops.cbp.dhs.gov.

*Notice* DTOPS User Fees are increasing for both decals and transponders effective 10/1/2019.

• Decals will increase to $29.47
• Transponders will be $408.84
• Single crossing purchases will be $13.40

*Notice* Expedited shipping will no longer be available after 10/1/2019.

All orders are completed on a first come first served basis.

If you are in need of further assistance, call us at 317-298-1245 Monday-Friday 8:00AM-4:00PM EST.

They have the typical issues when anything is done by the calendar year so their work is by design compressed heavily into one period. I recommend ordering in October for the following year. No later than early November.

I have ordered mine in March with no issues.

I ordered our 2019 decal online in August, one week before coming back into the US. I received the confirmation in 15 minutes along with the DTOPS number, which is all you need to come back. You don't need the actual decal. We also used the ROAM app for the first time. We had a video chat with an officer and were cleared to come back over the phone.

Has the single crossing option always been available or is that something new?
I just dont recall seeing it online when order in prior yrs.

Could be just for border crossing.

What else is the decal for other than border crossing???

They treat land (border) entries different to sea (vessel) entries.

Borders are generally land based. If a water entry was treated as a border then the US has a border with pretty much every country in the world! :)

Back
Top Bottom