Drunk Russian skipper hits Scotland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"The Russians are Coming! The Russians are Coming!"

Keith

Perhaps the Russians that just got shot down over Turkey were drunk and didn't know where they were.

Didn't know there was such a thing as a "legal alcohol limit" in either Scotland or Russia. :D

Certainly a single bottle of anything is only a taste in Russia from legend. :eek:

It's all part of Putin's secret plan to invade Scotland and take over the Scotch industry. It's too much competition for vodka.

Years ago there was a scheduled flight from Russia, Vladivostock perhaps, to Seattle using an Il-62. I don't remember if it was a daily flight but it arrived after dark.

One night the crew made an approach to Highway 99 which is the main drag though Seatac with hotels, car rental places, restaurants, etc. all along it. The highway is roughly parallel to the runways at Seatac but is on the other side of the terminal complex about a half mile to the east.

They broke off their approach a few hundred feet up, went around and then did it again. The controllers were going bananas and after the second approach to Highway 99 they managed to get the Russian crew to understand their mistake and make their third approach to an actual runway.

The flight crew was taken into custody immediately after the plane came to a stop at the gate and hauled off for questioning. Turned out they were all totally blotto on vodka. Aeroflot flew in another crew to collect the plane. I have no isea what happened to the first crew. Probably nothing....

Russians off Scotland.. Drinking neither vodka nor scotch?? It apparently was rum.

Those Russians drink A LOT. I can't hang with them, and I know a few.

If he had the right anchor...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom