Droid Version 7 patch NCL25.86-11.4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigJim

Long shot, but here goes.

My Verizon Droid, version 7 was automatically delivered a software patch listed as NCL25.86-11.4. A security patch.

My phone will no longer charge while on. It charges just fine with my two Motorola AC-DC and 12 VDC charge cables, but will not charge when on as prior to the not asked for patch.

The 12 VDC charger has a LED on it that prior to the patch would only illuminate when 12 VDC was present. Now it is on when connected to the phone and no 12 VDC present.

I have done reasearch on the net, called the VZ store, called 611 and spoke to two different techs, did a soft reset, allowed them a PC Anywhere application where they looked around my phone, to no avail. I have resisted doing a hard reset as I have not backed up my phone. VZ offered to do it in their cloud, but I declined the offer. I have family pictures and FA pictures on the phone.

Has anyone experienced this and what have you done to remedy the problem.

Thank you in advance.

********* Edit I just backed up the phone to my PC and guess what??? The USB cable charges the phone while on. Just tried the AC and DC chargers again, same deal, not working while on, work while off!!! There are only 2 wires in that cable, correct???!!!!!!!!

BigJim (Tall, not fat)

Last edited:
On your soft reset, did you remove the battery and let it sit and then restart or did you just turn off and reboot? If you didn't remove battery then try again by doing so.

So you have the same problem with all types of chargers? That would seem to eliminate some possibilities.

Not recently, but I have experienced some major issues with upgrades before that could only be resolved with hard resets. If the above doesn't work, I would do a complete backup and then go to a Verizon store, knowing you might end up with a hard reset.

********** An hour later with Motorola in the Philippines,,,, Hold the power button down for exactly 28 seconds with charger connected. Restart the phone and it now charges OK while on. You would think VZ would know that.

You would think VZ would know that.

No, I wouldn't. Now, in a store, there's a chance. Some of even the small phone stores have knowledgeable people. But the phone support is so very hit and miss with mostly miss.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom