Draft into Everglades city, Florida

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rking

Vessel Name
Elizabeth Ann ll
Vessel Make
Ocean Alexander 48 E. Sedan
For those that have taking there boat to Everglades city through Indian key pass. From your experience what is the safe deepest draft that can be taking in. I will be going by soon and would like to visit. My boat draft 4 ft. PS Any information into Big Marco pass into Marco Island would also be appreciated. Thank. Randal

For those that have taking there boat to Everglades city through Indian key pass. From your experience what is the safe deepest draft that can be taking in. I will be going by soon and would like to visit. My boat draft 4 ft. PS Any information into Big Marco pass into Marco Island would also be appreciated. Thank. Randal

You should be fine with a 4' draft. Big Marco Pass is pretty straight forward. There is a channel that turns off the left that goes up to Naples. Just stay right or south side.

We were just there last weekend for the Everglades City Seafood Festival on a friend's 52' Ocean Yacht with 5' draft and had no problem. Now, if you stray out of the channel....its very shallow.

To quote the advice from a friend when told that we'd be cruising the Glades and Keys: "If you see birds standing, don't go there."

Also, we stayed at the Rod & Gun Club as it was very close to the event. The docking is side to and there is a lot of traffic so fender well. There is a very nice marina at the end of the main river with floating docks and a beautiful club house and reasonable rates. We will probably stay there on our next visit.

Motorcoach Resorts South West Florida - Everglades Isle™ is a Florida premier luxury Class A motorcoach retreat and resort with Gulf of Mexico access located in Everglades City, Florida.

Back
Top Bottom