Don't buy a windlass from these people

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boatpoker

Guru
I bought a new 12volt windlass through Quick USA on Ebay. The unit arrived with a 24volt solenoid.
When I called Quick, Monica (customer service) responded “We haven’t had any 12volt solenoids for weeks”. So what did they think I’d do with a 24volt unit ? I asked that they ship me the correct unit and after whinniing about the trouble with international (Canada) sales she agreed to send the correct unit.
I asked Monica to make sure that the shipment was marked as “Warranty” so I would not have to pay duty, sales tax and customs brokerage fees, she said she would.

Naturally the unit arrived in Canada without the “Warranty” ID so I had to pay these fees all over again.
I called Monica and asked that Quick USA refund me for these costs. Monica insisted that the paperwork was marked properly and it was not her problem and she would not be doing anymore international sales. I then emailed her a copy of the paperwork showing she was wrong. They now refuse to respond to my emails and have not refunded the costs of their inefficiency.

I don’t buy from people like this twice.

Why did you buy it in the first place? Wouldn't have anything to do with the fact they are half the price of an equivalent Lofrans or Lewmar... to say nothing of what a Maxwell or Ideal would set you back... now would it?

File a claim.

Be clear and direct. Open a case with the bidding site themselves. It will get fixed. They have gotten such a bad rep for letting fly by night companies do this sort of nonsense that they escrow and control funds for purchases to enforce the original terms of sale when needed.

When all is said and done. You have a new unit shipped to your door for approx half of retail. (albiet after a couple hoops)

Correct?

We feel your pain and hear your vent. But choose your battles. You already won in my book. Origin via a pain in the arse is worth mentioning and we will take your word of caution. But how is the actual unit?
Clean clear and not a blem or return/refurb?

File a claim.

Be clear and direct. Open a case with the bidding site themselves. It will get fixed. They have gotten such a bad rep for letting fly by night companies do this sort of nonsense that they escrow and control funds for purchases to enforce the original terms of sale when needed.

When all is said and done. You have a new unit shipped to your door for approx half of retail. (albiet after a couple hoops)

Correct?

We feel your pain and hear your vent. But choose your battles. You already won in my book. Origin via a pain in the arse is worth mentioning and we will take your word of caution. But how is the actual unit?
Clean clear and not a blem or return/refurb?

No complaint with the product, it works well and is a high quality unit. Not even ticked off with the mistake..... just really ticked off with the attitude.
God forbid I have a warranty issue .

Regardless of any cost savings, if they didn't do the paperwork to save you the money from their initial mistake, you got a refund coming.

Exactly.

There is a fine line between principles and pettiness on correcting a mistake. I do agree that you were not treated properly by the one element they CAN control. The attitude and behavior of the staff.

Open a claim. It will get results.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom