Done Deal!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PuppyR

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Morning Starr
Vessel Make
Marine Trader DC
At last, closed on my new-to-me 1981 Marine Trader DC 34 last Tuesday. We spent three days with the PO going over all the systems, records, logs, and operating procedures. Fueled her up on Thursday, Left PO's dock at 2pm on Friday headed south from Morehead City, NC. First night at anchor in Mile Hammock Bay, Camp Lejeune NC. Was a beautiful night. Took two tries to get the anchor to set but never moved an inch after that. Second stop Seapath Marine, Wrightsville Beach, NC we met family and showed off the boat. Third day to Little River, SC our home port. After a few hours of zig-zagging down the waterway got the hang of it and operated pretty straight after that. Boat preformed flawlessly. Everything worked! No issues at all. Was a GREAT maiden trip.:)

Thanks to everyone who help me with our search. This IS the boat!

I look forward to contributing more to the forum now that I am a trawler owner. We are looking forward to our next outing!

Congratulations! And may you have many years of enjoyment ahead.

Man.....does it get better than that? Sincere congrats!

What a great maiden voyage. It seems the prior owner cared for the boat and who she sold to. A great experience all the way around.:thumb:

Now, get down to the Waccamaw for a few nights.:D

This thread is worthless without pictures...

Congrats!

Here ya go

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1405451774.536738.jpg

Congrats on not only the boat but awesome delivery trip too!

Will try to add a few pictures later!

Pup-congrats on the new boat! I think you may have become one of a kind in TF history-the first new owner to take delivery, make a multi-day trip home, and have everything work, nothing break, and you are entirely happy with the boat and the trip! You obviously know how to pick a boat!

... Took two tries to get the anchor to set but never moved an inch after that....
What kind of anchor was it?:):nonono:
Just kidding. Congratulations! Great handover by the PO. May you enjoy years of happy boating.

Congratulations PupR. Great to hear all went so well.You provide hope for the rest of us searching/upgrading.

Yup! :thumb: Without pics, it probably never happened!

(BTW, Congrats and welcome!!)

That's what I've been implying for the last several years!

Congrats ugh on the lack of pictures!

Congrats ugh on the lack of pictures!
Regardless, so/too many posts talk about things in the abstract without visual aids. Show me the picture/evidence!

OK...been trying to post some pictures to prove that it happened. How do I post pictures? Help! Anyone!

Did to happen!

Can't figure out how to up load photos

congrats and you were at seapath and didn't even walk over and say hi

Picts or no... CONGRATS!!

I believe ya! No fiction story could be that good on maiden voyage....

:D :dance: :thumb:

It really did happen and here at last is the proof!

Attachments

• 07-19-14 166.jpg
    07-19-14 166.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 85
  • 07-19-14 168.jpg
    07-19-14 168.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 82
  • 07-19-14 174.jpg
    07-19-14 174.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 75
  • 07-19-14 189.jpg
    07-19-14 189.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 80
  • 07-19-14 199.jpg
    07-19-14 199.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 77
  • 07-19-14 204.jpg
    07-19-14 204.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 82
Admiral looks real happy. Congrat Pup! Now the work begins to make her yours.....

Looks nice and the smiles say it all . Have fun:thumb:

Very cool!:thumb: When you get to cruising it will be even better. Thanks for the pics.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom